Special Needs

MJB1437

Anyone know how to get in touch with the special needs department?  Can't find an email address, and 1/2 hour on hold is a little too long a wait for me.  I am sailing on the Oosterdam in October and I need distilled water and an extension cord for a CPAP machine and a sharps container.

TIA

12 minutes ago, MJB1437 said:

Anyone know how to get in touch with the special needs department?  Can't find an email address, and 1/2 hour on hold is a little too long a wait for me.  I am sailing on the Oosterdam in October and I need distilled water and an extension cord for a CPAP machine and a sharps container.

TIA

Access and compliance Dept at 800 5478493

HALW_.Access@hollandamerica.com

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MJB1437 said:

TIA

Ask HAL or your TA for a SRI (Special Requirements Information) form, fill it out, send it in. In my case; always perfect upon arrival or immediately thereafter in the stateroom. 

• Like 1

Spoke to them recently and they said this is their busiest time. They are completing July requests so something for October is a ways out before they send out the forms to complete your requests. I was good to go for my July cruise but they hadn't even looked at the one at the end of September. 

8 hours ago, Bretty said:

I think I’m okay to post this here.

Follow the link, enter your booking reference and last name and the form will appear to fill in and be linked to your booking.

https://book.hollandamerica.com/specialServices/login.action

Thank you. I must admit I never found this link. Linking direct to the booking is perfect. In my case everything  always went smooth, but I appreciate this method!

On 7/19/2019 at 3:31 AM, MJB1437 said:

I am sailing on the Oosterdam in October and I need distilled water

TIA

Forgot to mention that you can order the distilled water via  Cruise Activities/Beverages/Water (One gallon $ 2,95) in your booking. 

Thank you all for your info.  To MAVIP- this is my first HA cruise, but I've been on over 25 others, and I never heard of paying for the distilled water.

I knew I could count on CC folks to help.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MJB1437 said:

Thank you all for your info.  To MAVIP- this is my first HA cruise, but I've been on over 25 others, and I never heard of paying for the distilled water.

I knew I could count on CC folks to help.

I use a CPAP and I order one gallon of distilled for every 14 days onboard.   You can pre-order it online for $2.95 per gallon.   In my local grocery store I pay $1.19 for a gallon, but who feels like humping gallons of distilled water around the embarkation port and onto the ship, all to save $3 ?   You say you never heard of paying for distilled water ??   Please tell me which grocery store you shop in.  I would love to get it for free.  You have to pay for it, HAL also has to pay for it, and $3 is a pretty decent price for the convenience of finding it delivered to your cabin on the day of embarkation.   However, some folks here on CC say that the tap water on the ship is so pure that they use it in their CPAP reservoirs with no problems.  

TAD2005- I pay $.88 for distilled water at home, but on Celebrity, Royal and NCL it's always been in my cabin when I get on for no charge when requested in advance for my CPAP.  I also pay $5.00 at home to discard my sharps container, but they have always been provided for no charge on those cruise lines.

9 hours ago, TAD2005 said:

However, some folks here on CC say that the tap water on the ship is so pure that they use it in their CPAP reservoirs with no problems.  

If (and I think it is) a bleaching agent is used in the tap water they should be very careful. They will smell the damp of it. Not so healthy….. Maybe the ships MJB 1437 means, provide the pure distilled water they produce on board before anything is added to make it good tap/drinking water.  In my case HAL always delivered commercial products (and for a very very reasonable price).