What to do if the weather is horrendous the entire stay? (Escape/Bermuda)

Cariot

I've been keeping my eye on the weather in Bermuda and it looks like it will be thunder-storming the entire duration. Now, I know the weather is subject to change and it could be storming on one part of the island, but not the other, but this has me worried. To top things off, on embarkment  day in NYC it's supposed to skyrocket to over 100 degrees this weekend. 

Has anyone ever encountered this, where your entire sailing week is subjected to unpleasant weather? What did you do during your trip?

For those who have visited Bermuda during bad weather, what did you end up doing? Would you still go out exploring during lightening showers?

If no one replies here maybe try the destination board for bermuda?   

In ny, indoor museums or theater instead of being outdoors in Central Park or walking around.  It might also be worth paying more for cabs/Uber instead of going into subway stations that are sometimes hot (some are fine, but the air conditining can break plus you’ve got to walk to the subway).  

Edited by kitkat343

5 hours ago, Cariot said:

I've been keeping my eye on the weather in Bermuda and it looks like it will be thunder-storming the entire duration. Now, I know the weather is subject to change and it could be storming on one part of the island, but not the other, but this has me worried. To top things off, on embarkment  day in NYC it's supposed to skyrocket to over 100 degrees this weekend. 

Has anyone ever encountered this, where your entire sailing week is subjected to unpleasant weather? What did you do during your trip?

For those who have visited Bermuda during bad weather, what did you end up doing? Would you still go out exploring during lightening showers?

The weather can change at a drop of a hat. We arrived Wednesday on the Escape in June. On Tuesday the forecast was for rain 75% of the time Wed, Thur & Friday..... It never rained a drop, at most it was partly cloudy.

This was supposed to be a rainy day....

• Like 1

Thunderstorms according to whom? Your phone’s weather widget will probably just show you thunderstorms every day. Don’t buy it.

Go to the Bermuda Weather Service: http://www.weather.bm

They’re the best source for Bermuda weather. You’ll notice that they don’t predict more than 4 days ahead, because going further out would be more like a guess than a prediction for Bermuda.

If you’re leaving on a Sunday, check weather.bm on the day you leave, and then you’ll get a feel for what it’ll be like.

I live in the south and we have 50% chance of t-storms everyday in our weather forecast.  BUT, that only means that 50 percent of the area for which the forecast is valid is expected to experience measurable precipitation (0.01 inch or more) from thunderstorms.  Most days, we see nothing.  Other days, we get a 20-30 minute storm and then it clears out.  Go and have a good time and keep a small umbrella or poncho handy just in case.

• Like 1

As others have said, this time of year some of the weather outlets will show thunderstorms every day and it means very little. Sometimes there will be nothing and other days there will be a 20 minute storm in the afternoon and it clears up.

I was on Escape last July for the Bermuda cruise and the forecast was similar and we had terrific weather.

If you're going to the beach, which I highly recommend, go earlier in the day and you're more likely to miss any potential thunderstorm activity.

We went to Horseshoe Bay twice last year and we left the ship around 9am both times and were ready to return by around 2pm and never saw a drop of rain on those excursions.

Have fun and don't worry yourself over something you can't control anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cariot said:

You are on an island. It is rare that it rains for more than a few minutes at a time. Just go about your business and don't worry about getting wet. As far as in NYC, just make sure you take a swim suit in your carry on and stay at the pool, or stay inside the ship.

5 hours ago, Laszlo said:

The weather can change at a drop of a hat. We arrived Wednesday on the Escape in June. On Tuesday the forecast was for rain 75% of the time Wed, Thur & Friday..... It never rained a drop, at most it was partly cloudy.

This was supposed to be a rainy day....

That water looks beautiful...I need to make this trip. 

• Like 1

When I was in Bermuda last month, it rained all of Thursday and a bit Friday morning. I decided to go in to Hamilton for some shopping since I couldn't hit the beach. The ferry was relatively full so I think many decided to use the day to do stuff in Hamilton.