2020 Itineraries

TheVolpes

16 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

You are not missing anything  here ... just as you thought, it is the Vancouver to Vancouver itinerary for cruise #1 and then Vancouver to California (San Diego or possibly San Francisco if the deal is good enough to justify skipping the last half of the sailing).  

There is no conflict here with the PVSA as the originating port is in Canada.  

It is strange that they've published the schedule on both sides while leaving that blank.  They could be planning a wet dock to do some repairs or modifications (happened to me with the Amsterdam) but I think it is more likely it will be announced later.  They might even add a collector cruise (Van-AK-VAN-SD) that would be really nice.

Roy

56 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

It is strange that they've published the schedule on both sides while leaving that blank.  They could be planning a wet dock to do some repairs or modifications (happened to me with the Amsterdam) but I think it is more likely it will be announced later.  They might even add a collector cruise (Van-AK-VAN-SD) that would be really nice.

Roy

Hi Roy -- Here again, I'm a total 'newbie' to HAL's way of doing things. But, the only thing that would run contra to your line of thinking is the fact that NO Fall Pacific Coastal itineraries have been published yet. Of course, I'm going on the assumption that K-dam would not be the only ship making that trek down the coast, after completing the Alaska season. I'm hoping that they will come out soon, since that's just a little over a year away.

BTW -- what is a 'collector cruise'?

HAL always has 1, 2 or 3 ships going from YVR (or SEA) to SAN at the end of the Alaska season. We take one every year. The only variance is which US ports they stop at - Astoria, OR, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Catalina.....No matter which one, it's a nice and easy fall transition coastal! When the ships leave SEA they usually go to Victoria and then back down the US Coast.

Edited by boze9999
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

BTW -- what is a 'collector cruise'?

A collector cruise is a B2B packaged as a single cruise where you would get one card on boarding for the total cruise from your embarkation to final disembarkation.  It usually comes with a price less than the cost of the 2 cruises individually.

Roy

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

You are not missing anything  here ... just as you thought, it is the Vancouver to Vancouver itinerary for cruise #1 and then Vancouver to California (San Diego or possibly San Francisco if the deal is good enough to justify skipping the last half of the sailing).  

Oh no, Raider -- you'd miss the best part -- SoCal -- especially San Diego! 🙁 But, I TOTALLY get not wanting to fly home, if you can avoid it.

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

A collector cruise is a B2B packaged as a single cruise where you would get one card on boarding for the total cruise from your embarkation to final disembarkation.  It usually comes with a price less than the cost of the 2 cruises individually.

Roy

Thanks Roy -- I can tell that I have a lot to learn, before my first HAL cruise!😁

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Not a wet dock ... there is a voyage number and HAL even told me of the planned ports of call.  It just isn’t available for booking yet.

And yes ...  I would probably jump on that collector cruise!  I guess it would depend on the other perks being offered at the time.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

5 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Oh no, Raider -- you'd miss the best part -- SoCal -- especially San Diego! 🙁 But, I TOTALLY get not wanting to fly home, if you can avoid it.

Yes, I would probably be tempted to stay onboard for the entire sailing, too, when the final port of call is San Diego.  Los Angeles?  Not so much!  

TheVolpes...

There is one website that I use to find out what each cruise line is doing on the dates I want to cruise. Its mr . cruisesonly. com

If you are a Marriott member, you get points or you can use points to book the cruises. I like to book direclty with the cruise line, but this is a good way to find out and if you see something you like, you can go to that cruise line's website.

7 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Yoooohooooo!!  

HAL just released their Pacific Coastal repositioning itinerary for the Koningsdam for next September.  I am beyond jazzed about it!!  

Hi Raider -- They just popped up yesterday! We already booked, and I even started an r/c thread (link below)! Hoping that you are able to get your same cabin, for the b2b!! 😎

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682891-sept-26-2020-7-day-pacific-northwest-koningsdam/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Hi Raider -- They just popped up yesterday! We already booked, and I even started an r/c thread (link below)! Hoping that you are able to get your same cabin, for the b2b!! 😎

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682891-sept-26-2020-7-day-pacific-northwest-koningsdam/

Wow ... so happy to see you are booked, too.  I swear I have been checking every day and still see many sites that haven't caught up with the availability yet.... that must have been my problem.  

I was able to keep the same cabin but seeing it is an inside, I didn't think there was a huge chance we were going to have it snatched out of our grasp.  The day of the B2B change up is a big bday for me ... one that ends in a zero, so, I may splurge a bit and upgrade to a balcony for the second leg, even though it is really nice not having to move.  My PVP is off on the weekends so I just had our same inside cabin put on hold for the time being.  I may be able to get a slight discount for doing a B2B ... or at least some perks thrown in ... keeping my fingers crossed.  

Now, I will read your post on the link!  Again ... happy you are booked on this same sailing.  

48 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Wow ... so happy to see you are booked, too.  I swear I have been checking every day and still see many sites that haven't caught up with the availability yet.... that must have been my problem.  

I was able to keep the same cabin but seeing it is an inside, I didn't think there was a huge chance we were going to have it snatched out of our grasp.  The day of the B2B change up is a big bday for me ... one that ends in a zero, so, I may splurge a bit and upgrade to a balcony for the second leg, even though it is really nice not having to move.  My PVP is off on the weekends so I just had our same inside cabin put on hold for the time being.  I may be able to get a slight discount for doing a B2B ... or at least some perks thrown in ... keeping my fingers crossed.  

Now, I will read your post on the link!  Again ... happy you are booked on this same sailing.  

That's a tough one, Raider! The thing I love most about b2b's is not having to pack or move. However, if you get a good deal on a balcony, for this leg -- that would be hard to resist. Please pop-over from time to time and chat on the r/c thread. I have a feeling that it may just be the two of us there, for a while! 😉 

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

That's a tough one, Raider! The thing I love most about b2b's is not having to pack or move. However, if you get a good deal on a balcony, for this leg -- that would be hard to resist. Please pop-over from time to time and chat on the r/c thread. I have a feeling that it may just be the two of us there, for a while! 😉 

Will do Suzanne!  

And, just need to research a good balcony ... if we are going to splurge, we will want a really nice one.  The cabin we have right now is right off the indoor pool area ... so a good choice for getting outside quickly and still saving some money.  I full well expect My DH to be enjoying a cocktail out there while I am getting ready.  

For the first leg, the balconies were high but they’ve come down quite a bit.  But, when we booked, it included a refundable deposit, a beverage package, some onboard credit and three specialty dinners, so a good deal for us.  This second leg includes no perks but hopefully, a promo that includes some perks pops up.  We are still somewhat tempted to jump ship in San Francisco ... but that is a very pricey 3 day sailing .... even in an inside cabin.  It would have been easier if the majority of the ports were not all centered around SoCal.  

PS ... for the Alaska leg, we booked a cabana for the week since we have an inside cabin but we won’t do that for the Coastal portion.