Booking with Royal and transfer to TA - Does the TA get less commission?

Curious mind wants to know.  

I already put down a deposit with Royal, but I now see a TA offer a better rate with some perks and I am still within the 60 day transfer deadline.  If I transfer to the TA will the TA make less money vs if I book with the TA from the beginning?  I don't want to penalize the TA. 

27 minutes ago, molole said:

I already put down a deposit with Royal, but I now see a TA offer a better rate with some perks and I am still within the 60 day transfer deadline.  If I transfer to the TA will the TA make less money vs if I book with the TA from the beginning?  I don't want to penalize the TA. 

The TA will make the same amount of commission as they would have if you had booked with them from the start.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I thought about transferring a previous booking on our transatlantic, but the TA didn't seem to be too excited about it? Free gratuities were only offered for "new" bookings; not transfers. 

Find a new TA.

I book both directly with my TA, or through Royal and then transfer it.

Last two, booked on board, $600 OBC from Royal (GS over 10 nights) and will get $500+ from my TA.

Win - WIN.  😄

On 7/20/2019 at 12:59 AM, Coralc said:

I thought about transferring a previous booking on our transatlantic, but the TA didn't seem to be too excited about it? Free gratuities were only offered for "new" bookings; not transfers. 

Certain promotions and rates, advertised by the TA are only eligible if you book directly with the TA or for  "new bookings".

On 7/19/2019 at 11:43 PM, molole said:

Nope, they get the whole commission.  I recently booked with RC on the phone, and then moved it to my TA, and then RC sent me the invoice that was meant for the TA, and included all the commissions, I asked her if it was less, and she said that's what she gets for each cruise, regardless.  So that was interesting to see.  

44 minutes ago, xitappers2bx said:

Nope, they get the whole commission.  I recently booked with RC on the phone, and then moved it to my TA, and then RC sent me the invoice that was meant for the TA, and included all the commissions, I asked her if it was less, and she said that's what she gets for each cruise, regardless.  So that was interesting to see.  

That’s a strange response because the commission is a % of the cruise fare excluding taxes and fees and Non commissionable cruise fare amounts so every cruise would pay a different commission. 

There was a topic on this subject a few months ago and I apologize if it sounds repetitive.  My TA considers a booking on board and then transferred to be a new booking.  However, on the flip side, if I transfer a booking done with land based RCL Agent, it is not considered a new booking. 

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s a strange response because the commission is a % of the cruise fare excluding taxes and fees and Non commissionable cruise fare amounts so every cruise would pay a different commission. 

Yes, they get 12%, and when you start with RC and go to a TA, the TA gets the whole amount, it is not shared.  You must not have understood how I typed my response.  

7 minutes ago, xitappers2bx said:

Yes, they get 12%, and when you start with RC and go to a TA, the TA gets the whole amount, it is not shared.  You must not have understood how I typed my response.  

Sorry, since you did not mention the % I assumed that you were talking about the $amount since that’s what is shown on the invoice.  

Commissions vary also also based on agency sales.  They go as high as 16%