How do you claim the military OBC?

fluffybunny22

I'm handling a book for my in laws and my FIL is a veteran. I know he needs a copy of his discharge papers but what is the process of providing them to Princess? Is there a special email address he needs to send a copy to? How much is the credit? We are doing an 11 night cruise. Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I'm handling a book for my in laws and my FIL is a veteran. I know he needs a copy of his discharge papers but what is the process of providing them to Princess? Is there a special email address he needs to send a copy to? How much is the credit? We are doing an 11 night cruise. Thanks in advance.

Here's the link with all the info needed.

https://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/

• Like 1

For US & Canada veterans after the military credit is approved it’s automatically added to future cruises but have read that for the UK it must be requested for each cruise.

That website is for eligible US/CA military personnel but the application form link shows it’s also for the UK & shows a benefit in USD & in Australia dollars (AUD).  As I recall this great military benefit also applies to New Zealand military personnel.

It’s a great benefit for eligible military personnel & thankful that Princess provides this military benefit.

Two other things about the military OBC:

• It is refundable. If you don't spend it, Princess will send you a check.
  • It is not limited to one per stateroom. If two people sharing a stateroom are both veterans, then they both receive the credit.

I was very concerned about submitted my fathers paperwork because it was so faded. It was applied to his account within hours of sending the fax. I think they may have been able to make out his name, and the title of the form and that was good enough.

I will need to submit this for my dad also. He has cruised with Princess many times and had the military OBC each time, but on our most recent booking it hasn't appeared automatically. I booked us in May and it still isn't in his Personalizer. So it looks like I will have to resubmit it for him. Don't understand why it doesn't show up automatically like they say it will. 

What is hidden in the fine print is:

• Max of 2 MOBCs per stateroom

• If Australian-based cruise, it is credited as AU$ not US$.  (AU$ 1 ≈ US$0.75)

On the other hand, I was talking to an Elite friend of mine a week before his cruise and discovered he didn't know about MOBC.  He took his DD214 with him and the Emerald's purser staff not only faxed the paperwork to Santa Clarita from mid-way to Hawai'i for future cruises, they graciously got him MOBC for that voyage, too.

22 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

I will need to submit this for my dad also. He has cruised with Princess many times and had the military OBC each time, but on our most recent booking it hasn't appeared automatically. I booked us in May and it still isn't in his Personalizer. So it looks like I will have to resubmit it for him. Don't understand why it doesn't show up automatically like they say it will. 

Murphy's Law at work, methinks.   It appears in my Personalizer for my cruise next Oct from years-ago paperwork.

Have you called +1 800-774-6237?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

I’ve read posts that said sometimes passengers were issued multiple Captain’s Circle numbers & when using the one not connected to MOBC it wasn’t added to a reservation.

Maybe that’s the problem & either calling or emailing them would correct the problem because it shouldn’t be necessary to resubmit his application which could create another problem.

militarybenefit@princesscruises.com

• Thanks 1