Cruise Planner & Starbucks Questions

Hi All,  I usually do Carnival cruise but I wanted to try something different so I'm booked on my first Royal Caribbean cruise on Symphony.  I had a question about the cruise planner and Starbucks.

1.  Does the cruise planner hold your spot/space when selecting dining options (such as Izumi hibachi, dining packages) in the cart until you are ready to purchase it? Or it's best to buy when it's available before selling out? 

2.  With the Starbucks on the ship can you use a Starbucks gift card or it's through the sea-pass card only?

Edited by BigLar1

1 hour ago, BigLar1 said:

1.  Does the cruise planner hold your spot/space when selecting dining options (such as Izumi hibachi, dining packages) in the cart until you are ready to purchase it? 

2.  With the Starbucks on the ship can you use a Starbucks gift card or it's through the sea-pass card only?

1. It stays in the cart but the price could change - you can buy now and cancel/rebook if the price goes down.

2. You can use either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigLar1 said:

No problem using the Starbucks gift card.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ryguy2008 said:

The only caveat is you can't redeem stars for a drink (based on what I was told last time) and the drinks still have the Royal 18% gratuity.

Do you still earn stars?  Even if you can’t redeem?

thank you