Earliest coffee on Quest??

kimanjo

Unless it has recently changed, we could get coffee and juice and pastries and croissants in the Observation Lounge after 6 am or 6:15 am on both the Quest and Odyssey.  Hardly anyone is up there ( one attendant) and it was one of my favorite times.

You can also carry stuff back to your suite to sip there, but you should save a paper cup with lid from SB Square, or BYO mug,  if you want a large amount, and use it there.

Of course you can order coffee to your suite through room service for any hour.  Like you though, I am an early riser.  While I am not a coffee drinker, I do like hot tea in the morning and have enjoyed drinking tea and having a delicious pastry in an almost deserted Observation Lounge very early in the morning. I enjoyed this mostly on Ovation as on our latest Sojourn cruise, I was too wiped out from constant time changes to indulge.  I still remember a particular crew member on Ovation  who insisted that I not help myself to to tea and pastries even though it was set up that way.  He said, "Mrs. Daniel--allow me to bring your tea to you with a selection of pastries on a plate."  He was an enabler I tell you---an outright enabler!  I still remember him fondly.  

3 hours ago, SLSD said:

Of course you can order coffee to your suite through room service for any hour.  Like you though, I am an early riser.  While I am not a coffee drinker, I do like hot tea in the morning and have enjoyed drinking tea and having a delicious pastry in an almost deserted Observation Lounge very early in the morning. I enjoyed this mostly on Ovation as on our latest Sojourn cruise, I was too wiped out from constant time changes to indulge.  I still remember a particular crew member on Ovation  who insisted that I not help myself to to tea and pastries even though it was set up that way.  He said, "Mrs. Daniel--allow me to bring your tea to you with a selection of pastries on a plate."  He was an enabler I tell you---an outright enabler!  I still remember him fondly.  

It's so frustrating how no one will do this for me at home.

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2019 at 11:21 AM, kimanjo said:

Other than room service, is there anywhere to get coffee very early?  5 am? 6 am? We're early risers!

Thanks

Depends on the staff.

Usually on Quest I’ve found that they start serving their  delicious coffee in the Square at 6.15 am (on Ovation this year the Barista would serve a bit earlier if someone was waiting and he was set up)

In the Obs Lounge it’s set up earlier, I’ve seen coffee out at 5.30 am some mornings.

23 hours ago, tijc52 said:

It's so frustrating how no one will do this for me at home.

My wife of 50 years has trained me well, I wake her every morning with a cup of tea at her appointed time, wether at home or away ( I’m an early riser)

Conversely she spoils me, so no complaints😀

On 7/24/2019 at 7:57 PM, SKP946 said:

Depends on the staff.

Usually on Quest I’ve found that they start serving their  delicious coffee in the Square at 6.15 am (on Ovation this year the Barista would serve a bit earlier if someone was waiting and he was set up)

In the Obs Lounge it’s set up earlier, I’ve seen coffee out at 5.30 am some mornings.

That would be excellent.  Have it set up, and make a cup or 2 ourselves!

On 7/22/2019 at 10:18 PM, Catlover54 said:

Unless it has recently changed, we could get coffee and juice and pastries and croissants in the Observation Lounge after 6 am or 6:15 am on both the Quest and Odyssey.  Hardly anyone is up there ( one attendant) and it was one of my favorite times.

You can also carry stuff back to your suite to sip there, but you should save a paper cup with lid from SB Square, or BYO mug,  if you want a large amount, and use it there.

Love the early morning Coffee service in the Observation lounge.  Our cabin was 3 doors away !   Felt like it was my private area for I was the only one there.  The one attendant was always ready with a Cheerful greeting and willing & wanting to be helpful 

6 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

You could always make your own from the Nespresso machine in your suite

I have not seen this ( Nepresso machine) listed as one of the amenities in a standard balcony stateroom... This would work for sure for us. Can anyone confirm this?? 

Edited by kimanjo

23 minutes ago, kimanjo said:

I have not seen this ( Nepresso machine) listed as one of the amenities in a standard balcony stateroom... This would work for sure for us. Can anyone confirm this?? 

The Nepresso machine is not included in a standard Veranda suite.  I do believe it is included in a Penthouse and in the other larger suites.  On our last cruise, as I was walking down our hall, I overhead (through an open door) a passenger on the telephone asking that the coffee maker be removed from his room as he thought it took up too much space. 

Edited by SLSD

I'm usually one of, if not the, first in line in Seabourn Square coffee bar.  Some baristas will go out of their way to serve early, but they have preparation for their shift and I do appreciate, but don't expect it.  Typically they know your drink and if you just sit patiently it will come, in order of your arrival.  Gotta love them.

I'm an early riser and might take advantage of this, but my first drink of the morning is always tea.  I love the loose leaf pot of tea at 4pm and I wonder if they do a pot of tea first thing in the morning in the Obs bar, does anyone know?  

At the moment I have a tea bag in SSquare instead but might head up to the Obs Bar if so!  

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting another old thread. What brand(s) of English Breakfast tea are available on Sojourn? My wife is very particular! (I'm more of a coffee drinker.) Even though she is not British by birth, her favourites are, in order of preference, PG Tips and Tetley. Will we have to bring our own?