Day room in Papeete

Jancruz

34 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Not so!  We left the ship after dinner and flew to LA that night.  We did a deviation as we had plans in LA for a few days.  On leaving there, we Amtrak'd to Florida and home.  Worked like a charm!

I might be wrong but I think Orv  meant the ship has to overnight there  for people to  get off & fly home that night 

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

Not so!  We left the ship after dinner and flew to LA that night.  We did a deviation as we had plans in LA for a few days.  On leaving there, we Amtrak'd to Florida and home.  Worked like a charm!

We decided to do this because there was a scarcity of day rooms at the Papeete hotels when we booked.  All worked out quite well.

Donna

I'm not sure if you're saying not so to the deviation or the overnight. What Lyn says below is correct, that's what I meant. It seems you did have a deviation, and unless you went in early then why did you have it? It seems Oceania was done with you once you got to LAX. Your plans there wouldn't have required a deviation unless you were going to make a flight connection in a couple of days.  Unless they've started booking on trains also. 

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I might be wrong but I think Orv  meant the ship has to overnight there  for people to  get off & fly home that night 

19 hours ago, ORV said:

I'm not sure if you're saying not so to the deviation or the overnight. What Lyn says below is correct, that's what I meant. It seems you did have a deviation, and unless you went in early then why did you have it? It seems Oceania was done with you once you got to LAX. Your plans there wouldn't have required a deviation unless you were going to make a flight connection in a couple of days.  Unless they've started booking on trains also. 

Hi, ORV,  I meant we had the deviation to fly out the day prior to the conclusion of the cruise, and we did not have to stay overnight - so I guess it was a double deviation, the end date of the cruise and the day-early flight to LA.  And, no, O doesn't do Amtrak bookings.  Marianne and I just happen to prefer taking the train from the west coast to flying.  It amounts to four to five days of additional decompression without the hassle of that cross-country flight.  Of course, Amtrak no longer does the southern route all the way to FL since Hurricane Katrina blew out the railroad bridges between NOLA and FL, so we do have a short flight from NOLA to PBIA, then a half-hour drive home.

Wow, that certainly is a lot of words to confirm what you said above and agree.

Hope to sail with you one of these days!

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 4:57 PM, aquidneck1 said:

Its no longer a Meridien so any association with Starwood etc is gone.  It is now the Sofitel.  Things have changed but you can certainly contact them to check.  We enjoyed our stay at the Sofitel.  It is a peaceful property.  

Oh interesting!  Ia Ora Beach Resort by Sofitel. 

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer