Killing 4 hours post cruise

seagunthera

I've hired Larry's Limo's to fetch us from Port Everglades.  We have a flight out of Miami at 3 pm.  Looking for ideas for what to do (i.e. great place somewhere in between for brunch, a little sightseeing/cool drives, etc.). Thanks everyone for your help!

Your cruise line excursions would probably be easiest.  They will drop you off at the airport. 

Or are you having Larry's Limos drive you around all day and hold your luggage? 

Edited by BNBR

10 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Your cruise line excursions would probably be easiest.  They will drop you off at the airport. 

Or are you having Larry's Limos drive you around all day and hold your luggage? 

Luggage (sans carry-ons) will go with Luggage Valet and the excursions offered by Celebrity don't interest us (Everglades=too hot/buggy in August). I'm looking for other options:).

Gotcha. 2 options I would consider.  Las Olas/water taxi or Hollywood Beach/broadwalk. 

Personally, I prefer Hollywood Beach to walk around, restaurants are more interesting as well. Cool spots on the intracoastal side like Le Tub and 5 O Clock Somewhere would be my suggestion. Could hang out at either one for hours after wandering the broadwalk for a bit.  And I say this as someone who does this regularly!  It's where we go to unwind and enjoy the area when we just want to relax and wander around for a bit. 

For Las Olas, walk the Riverwalk and take a ride on the water taxi is about all there is to do.  If you would prefer to get on the water and have more of a tour, this would be the way to go. 

Edited by BNBR

• 2 weeks later...

So with your luggage I would get a taxi over the bridge to Bayfront Park and the "Miamiarina".  Lots of restaurants and shopping.  Find a spot you can camp a while.

Then you can either get a taxi again or if mobile with your luggage you can take public transit to get to the airport.  Let me know if you want details on that.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, aml3679 said:

A food tour out of Little Havana - culture, food, drinks, and fun.

Agree with this suggestion.  There's a great tour company (Art Deco Tours) that offers the Little Havana walking tour as well as an Art Deco walking tour.  We did the Art Deco Cocktail tour (evenings only) a few years ago and it really was interesting and we learned a lot.  For lunch, we ate at Naked Taco in the South Beach area (awesome). 

Only concern w/ both of these suggestions is that the tours take about 2 1/2 hours and not sure if you'll have enough time for the tours, lunch & getting to airport. 

We have the same issue with 4 hours to kill post cruise in November.  We opted for a hotel day pass through Daycation, figured it would be a relaxing way to spend the morning.  https://daycationapp.com/e/REEM80UM

I am so happy to see more day room options.  It has been years coming.  Last year we used B ocean for the day.  No complaints except with resort fees it was pricey for the day.  I’ll be using a day room again this fall but will look for something less expensive. It was so much nicer to end the cruise this way instead of sitting at the airport for hours or even a pool pass.  We used the pool, had lunch and took a quick nap and a shower before our evening flight.

• Like 1

You have to be at the airport or at least heading there by 1PM and restaurants usually don't open until 11 or so so a food touris probably out.

An early brunch if you can find a restaurant open by 10AM otherwise you really don't have much time.

I don't know of anywhere outside of an IHOP or Dennys that is open that early.

Edited by BlueHerons

7 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

You have to be at the airport or at least heading there by 1PM and restaurants usually don't open until 11 or so so a food touris probably out.

An early brunch if you can find a restaurant open by 10AM otherwise you really don't have much time.

I don't know of anywhere outside of an IHOP or Dennys that is open that early.

Bo's Beach may fit the bill. 

7 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

I assumed they were going to eat in Miami.

Bos is a good option.

They are coming in to PE and the 17th street exit would be just a few MINUTES away. I think it could be a great option. As you pointed out, they don't actually have that much time to burn. Get off the ship leisurely around 9am. Walk FLL Beach a touch and hang at Bo's for a bit. Then head to MIA. 

Not sure if Larry's Limos is driving you around for the day or have hired them to take you to the airport. 

If you are having them drive you around then they can always take the scenic route down A-1-A and see what South Beach looks like.  

Wynwood is a very cool area to explore, whether by foot or by car and there are plenty of places to eat opening around 11 am.  Again, have reservations and be there on time and leave by 12:30 and you will have no issues. 

Brickell City Centre is a great  outside mall here in Brickell and again a short ride to MIA.  Both Casa Too and La Centrale open early, one at 7:30 am and the other around 8.

American Social in Miami is on the River and it's fun to watch the boating action on the weekends.  Unfortunately their brunch doesn't start until 11 am but if you have a reservation for that time and are there are time, leaving by 12:30 will get you to MIA in penalty of time. 

Many cruisers love walking around Bayside and it is fun people watching.  A great place for breakfast/early lunch that is walkable from Bayside is EggSpot and they are open from 7 am to 7 pm every day. It's a short drive to the airport from here.

One poster had suggested Little Havana and I know restaurants like Versaille for cuban opens at 8 am most day and 9 am on Sundays.

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Not sure if Larry's Limos is driving you around for the day or have hired them to take you to the airport. 

If you are having them drive you around then they can always take the scenic route down A-1-A and see what South Beach looks like.  

One poster had suggested Little Havana and I know restaurants like Versaille for cuban opens at 8 am most day and 9 am on Sundays.

Versailles is a great option but I didn't realize the restaurant was open that early.  I thought just the bakery.