Lunch in MDR during cruise

2 hours ago, 1MoreRedStripe said:

I must say I really like the salad bar at the MDR during lunch. Great system. You tell them what you want and they build it. It's become my fav lunch on board. 

Absolutely... Tutti Salad Bar is my one MUST HAVE meal on every cruise!!!

• Like 1

I really like the MDR for lunch. It's altogether a more relaxing experience than the WJ. The only thing is that it usually opens and closes early - about noon to 1.30 pm, if I'm not mistaken - so if, like us, you sleep in and have a late breakfast, the chances are that by the time you're ready for lunch it'll be closed. :classic_sad:

24 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I really like the MDR for lunch. It's altogether a more relaxing experience than the WJ. The only thing is that it usually opens and closes early - about noon to 1.30 pm, if I'm not mistaken - so if, like us, you sleep in and have a late breakfast, the chances are that by the time you're ready for lunch it'll be closed. :classic_sad:

It also takes so much time away from the day - as they are so slow.....not a fan of spending hours for lunh....🙄😱

4 minutes ago, kernow said:

I always think the MDR lunch menu has the best desserts on the ship, wish they would have some of them on the evening menus.

In the evening, we go to Windjammer for the desserts.

2 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

It also takes so much time away from the day - as they are so slow.....not a fan of spending hours for lunh....🙄😱

We did not order off the menu so didn't experience this aspect of it. We just used the buffet part and because it was smaller and less spread out than in the WJ, we actually managed to spend less time on lunch in the MDR than in the WJ. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

In the evening, we go to Windjammer for the desserts.

We never go to the Windjammer at night, do they have those desserts there?

2 minutes ago, kernow said:

We never go to the Windjammer at night, do they have those desserts there?

Yes, more variety than the MDR, though I'm not sure if the desserts we see at lunch in the MDR are the same as in the evening in WJ.   Take a walk through some evening.

By the way, do you have a new PM yet?

The only problem is that we'd have to eat dessert before dinner as we always have late seating and Windjammer is shut by the time we've finished!

Yes, Boris is the new PM, your president seems to approve (at the moment):classic_laugh: He's promised to get us out of Europe by 31st Oct but we'll see.

3 minutes ago, kernow said:

The only problem is that we'd have to eat dessert before dinner as we always have late seating and Windjammer is shut by the time we've finished! ...

Yes, that's a timing problem, I can see why you haven't tried it.  Good luck with the new PM!