Dinner & show on the Meraviglia

ranchette

19 hours ago, ranchette said:

I read on the MSC app you cannot use the drink package when you see the show. Is this true if you are having the dinner & show?

Which show do you mean? AFAIK that's only for the Cirque du Soleil show. Any other shows, you should be able to get a drink at any bar and carry it in with you at the theatre. 

Correct about not being able to use drinks packages for the Cirque show.

On all our MSC cruises it states on the daily planner that drinks are not allowed in the main theatre and discourages guests taking them in that isn’t to say people don’t do it .

We stick to the rules, after all how hard is it to abstain for 40 mins ? 😂.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ranchette said:

So I have to buy a drink with dinner? Yes i am referring to the Cirque show.

I believe it's $18 for the drink and a show, and something like $50 for dinner and show. Those who've been say it's better just to eat dinner in the MDR and fork over the $18 for the drink/show combo. That's what we plan to do. 

We did both Cirque shows on Meraviglia with just the cocktail and show option. 

Drinks are pre made on a counter top as you walk in, you pick up the one you want , there is a description of the contents . I had the Bombay Sapphire cocktail which was quite strong. There is one non alcoholic option. 

We did an early show and a late show and would 

recommend choose the early show , for the later show you are arriving as the people who are doing dinner and show are still being served dessert. 

I have to tell you the food smell sitting in front of the diners  was not nice especially as we had just come from dinner in the MDR. I would rather do early show where there are no show diners then go for dinner .

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ranchette said:

Has anyone had the dinner at the Cirque show? Are you able to order drinks at dinner? anyone know what the menu is?

Going to follow along

I did see pics of Cirque dinner on another thread... a couple traveling with their son... I'll try to recall which thread...

We have B2B booked in YC and have a dinner/Cirque show for each of the sailings

YC bev is supposed to be included ship-wide.  Hope it isn't an issue

16 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Going to follow along

I did see pics of Cirque dinner on another thread... a couple traveling with their son... I'll try to recall which thread...

We have B2B booked in YC and have a dinner/Cirque show for each of the sailings

YC bev is supposed to be included ship-wide.  Hope it isn't an issue

FF ... they don't serve drinks other than the included cocktails or specific wine that I think they may offer with the dinner in the Cirque venue, regardless of what cabin category you're in or drinks package you have.  Here's the dinner menu that's offered:

1522404236_ScreenShot2019-07-26at14_20_07.png.e078024b3825798787dedc8fff87159a.png

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

FF ... they don't serve drinks other than the included cocktails or specific wine that I think they may offer with the dinner in the Cirque venue, regardless of what cabin category you're in or drinks package you have.  Here's the dinner menu that's offered:

1522404236_ScreenShot2019-07-26at14_20_07.png.e078024b3825798787dedc8fff87159a.png

TY @Beamafar 

You ROCK my friend.

TY too re the bev aspect. 

We are looking fwd to sailing in early 2020. Fingers crossed re O.C too 😉

Best

FF

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks Bea! 

Do you know if the menu is the same for both shows?

On 7/27/2019 at 4:29 PM, Beamafar said:

Thanks for your reply

• Like 1

Does anyone know when booking the shows, no matter which show/cocktail I pick they all have the same times.  So I can pick either show for the same day and time?  That seems a little odd to me?  Do they some how have two theaters they do the shows in each night?  I was really trying to book them where we had either a sea day or where the next morning would be a sea day.  

Basically I could pick either show for the Sept 16 and also Sept 20.  I didn't think they were doing both shows every night, but maybe I am wrong?  They all have the same time slot of either 6:15 or 10.  

27 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Does anyone know when booking the shows, no matter which show/cocktail I pick they all have the same times.  So I can pick either show for the same day and time?  That seems a little odd to me?  Do they some how have two theaters they do the shows in each night?  I was really trying to book them where we had either a sea day or where the next morning would be a sea day.  

Basically I could pick either show for the Sept 16 and also Sept 20.  I didn't think they were doing both shows every night, but maybe I am wrong?  They all have the same time slot of either 6:15 or 10.  

Wow....I was going to book both shows for my cruise and I did a mock booking.  It's also showing availability for both shows at the same time/day!  I have a feeling that you can book...but need to make the final arrangements on board.  If so, is there any benefit to pre-book?  Is the price higher if you book on board?

I was just curious if somehow we wouldn't wind up with the nights or times we intended?  I don't care which is when, but I don't want to say have a show the night before we have a super long day in St. Petersburg.  

I Will Be visiting Meraviglia on a short visit in Copenhagen sunday.

there I Will try co clear exactly How the shows Will Be booked.

we are sailing on Meraviglia 5 april 2020 so We look forward to a short visit sunday.

We were on the first sailing Meraviglia did 2 years ago.

There is a ‘box office’ desk in the Cirque lounge, basically A guy on a computer.

We went to view the venue as hubby as neck mobility issues and requested a seat eye level  with the stage.

I had already prebooked the days online and they just confirmed the day and times with me and confirmed our seats. 

It is very well organised , you get a card invitation in your cabin confirming the details and it is not a hassle to switch around, at least I didn’t find any problems once onboard.

Our first show was cancelled due to technical difficulties as we were drinking the cocktail. They made an announcement that all seats will rescheduled and nobody had to do anything. I just went to the box office guys and requested the same seats for the rescheduled show and for our other show. No problems .

FYI they do not show the two shows on the same night, each show was shown twice on two days so 4 times for each show.

Edited by heatherb1958

6 hours ago, April42749 said:

Wow....I was going to book both shows for my cruise and I did a mock booking.  It's also showing availability for both shows at the same time/day!  I have a feeling that you can book...but need to make the final arrangements on board.  If so, is there any benefit to pre-book?  Is the price higher if you book on board?

I think if you book onboard a gratuity is added.

13 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

I think if you book onboard a gratuity is added.

Thanks....but this is what is confusing:

I am looking at Oct 19....6:30 show.  According to the website...both shows are available for 6:30.   I'll play around with a few more days, but all indications are that nothing is confirmed without a visit to the box office.

21 minutes ago, April42749 said:

Thanks....but this is what is confusing:

I am looking at Oct 19....6:30 show.  According to the website...both shows are available for 6:30.   I'll play around with a few more days, but all indications are that nothing is confirmed without a visit to the box office.

I just looked at my Grandiosa booking and I see what you mean about it showing everyday for show 1 and show 2 . 

It will get sorted, each individual show is on 4 times, 2 early shows, 2 late shows on two days, there will be a time to suit . Hope you enjoy it. 

I am just hoping the two days I choose will actually be showing those shows on each day.  What I worry about is if I pick Monday and Thursday for instance.  That those days might actually be showing the same show, rather than each being different.  I really wanted to pick around ports and shore excursion days, but not overly certain that it will work out that way.  That could really change whether we opted for the early or the late show.  

38 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

I am just hoping the two days I choose will actually be showing those shows on each day.  What I worry about is if I pick Monday and Thursday for instance.  That those days might actually be showing the same show, rather than each being different.  I really wanted to pick around ports and shore excursion days, but not overly certain that it will work out that way.  That could really change whether we opted for the early or the late show.  

I'm in the same boat as you...lol.  I'm wondering if the tickets are refundable if the selected date/time aren't available.  I don't do "late" anything as I'll probably fall asleep.