Confusion re. Aquaclass amenities/perks and embarkation day

SandyDix

Hi Guys, we will shortly be going on our first ever cruise on Silhouette to the Norweigan fjords (Aug 25) and we've booked Aquaclass. Whilst I know this gets us into Blu, there seems to be some confusion and differences of opinion over other services offered. Some people have commented that even stewards seem unaware of what should be supplied in Aquaclass rooms and they therefore take a list to remind them! With this in mind could I ask if the following are provided : bottle of sparkling wine on arrival in room (presumably on ice), free bottled water (how often is this replenished), pillow menu, canapes ( what time are these served, are they served in the room, are they worth having - most folk seem to say not!), a rain umbrella, and a daily Aquaclass "Elite Happy Hour" from 5-7pm. I'm not sure why a Happy Hour would be needed, given most people have drinks packages - in what bars is the Happy Hour available?

Finally could I just ask what happens on embarkation day re. meals and drinks? We will be boarding around 10.30am but the ship doesn't sail until 4.30pm. Will we be able to have lunch in one of the restaurants onboard and does the premium drinks package start as soon we board? I presume that as soon as we board there is some sort of welcome/drinks reception?

Thanks in advance for your help, from a humble first-time cruiser!

There will be lunch served in the buffet and your drinks package will be usable immediately.

there is no welcome reception.  You will be offered a glass of sparkling wine as you board the ship.  There is orange juice as an alternative.

the elite happy hour won’t apply to you.  That is a Captain’s Club perk, nothing to do with 

Aqua Class staterooms

The bottle of sparkling wine is almost never in your cabin when you board.  Your steward will provide it when you request it.  

There are now only two small bottles of water in your cabin on embarkation.  It is not replenished daily anymore.

Not sure the pillow menu really exists.  If you are unhappy with your pillows you can ask what replacements are available.

Canapés are delivered around 3:30.  Food is subjective.  I don’t bother with them.  Don’t need more food and it just takes up space that’s at a premium.

There is not an “Aqua Class Happy Hour.”  There is a Captains Club Happy Hour for Elite and higher members.

Blu, your assigned dining room, is not open for lunch on any day.  Options on embarkation are the Oceanview Buffet, the Mast Grill and sometimes the Spa Cafe in the Solarium.  Sushi on 5 is generally also open for embarkation lunch; it is a for fee restaurant.  None of the other specialty restaurants are open on embarkation day.  The MDR is open on embarkation day for lunch only for Concierge Class.  Luminae is open for Suite guests.

There is no “welcome drinks reception” but you are greeted as you board with a glass on sparkling wine.

Your beverage package works the minute you step onboard!

At least on the Solstice, all Aqua Class cabins are on the same deck (Deck 11), so the cabin stewards would know how to make up each room for the Aqua Class guest.

Rather than have the sparkling wine on ice waiting for you on Embarkation Day, you can let your room steward know which day you when you would like to have it.

In your stateroom you will most likely find two 12/16 oz type bottled water (free) and 1 or 2 larger fancier bottled water ($).

On the Solstice you could request the 'pillow' menu, it wasn't just in the stateroom.

Re 'Happy Hour", it sounds like you are asking about an Elite status perk, Celebrity does offer all passengers a glass of sparkling wine or orange juice upon boarding.

I enjoyed the free in room appetizers in the late afternoon.  There was one day that they didn't come, and while I was a little disappointed, we didn't say anything to the steward.

Lunch is in the buffet, unless you decide to purchase a lunch in one of the opened specialty restaurants (and I don't think too many are open for lunch on Embarkation day (maybe Sushi on Five on the Solstice).

Just be nice to these hard-working crew members...

Also new to Aqua class.  Seen so many threads on amenities that may or may not still be around...Is there still a yoga mat in the room?  a Diffuser?  Is tea automatically in the cabin  when I board or do I have to request it?  Are canapés automatically brought by or again, only if requested?  Robes?  Also, I have a question regarding the relaxation lounge...I’m wondering how busy that might be?  In particular, on an Alaska cruise, I know I have a balcony, but maybe for a more front facing view since I am close by would that be an alternative inside spot?

4 hours ago, chefchick said:

Also new to Aqua class.  Seen so many threads on amenities that may or may not still be around...Is there still a yoga mat in the room?  a Diffuser?  Is tea automatically in the cabin  when I board or do I have to request it?  Are canapés automatically brought by or again, only if requested?  Robes?  Also, I have a question regarding the relaxation lounge...I’m wondering how busy that might be?  In particular, on an Alaska cruise, I know I have a balcony, but maybe for a more front facing view since I am close by would that be an alternative inside spot?

I have never heard of nor seen a yoga mat . Canapes are now by request as so many are wasted. You get them in the beginning but should get a card to fill out in regards to further deliveries.  We tell then ahead not to put the diffuser in. Robes are in all cabins but the Aqua robes are the heavy terry ones . We request the lighter version. The relaxation room is small and is hit or miss for 'busy'. We did not see the tea last time but you request it.

The new cold  "tea " is allegedly fresh brewed ...in place of the  dreadful packaged herbal tea.  Wasn't awful but we asked not to receive it. We like the diffuser,

We work out canape deliv, ice, water pitcher etc with  cabin attendant or use the request form.  Some days we preferred fruit and cheese,  we bring our own crackers. Can  order similar items from rm svc menu.

On EDGE there were yoga mats in the closet... but not much room to make use of them.  We stored them underneath the couch to get more usable closet space.

Relaxation rm is for "relaxation" ..It can get crowded and some folks use it to chat etc,.,not so  very relaxing at times.  Very sunny and warm. It is not meant as a sailaway viewing spot but I guess you could,..  Good space for pre and post spa treatments.  For relaxation, you can also use heated lounges or bench in Persian Garden or EDGE Thermal suite, included for AQ Class guests....also supposed to be a quiet space

Edited by hcat