Joy Latitudes Dinners Vouchers

oregonian123

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I haven't heard any direct reports from the Joy, but based on the Bliss it will be La Cucina or Q.

We’re on the Joy in a couple of weeks and will let you know.

We ate at Q on the Bliss and found the restaurant to be a disappointment.  The food was marginal. BBQ sauce on the tables were served in galley squirt bottles with sauce names written in sharpie. The music was so loud, you could not communicate with your waiter if you wanted to. We’re giving it another try on the Joy, hoping for better. 

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We ate at Q on the Bliss and found the restaurant to be a disappointment.  The food was marginal. BBQ sauce on the tables were served in galley squirt bottles with sauce names written in sharpie. The music was so loud, you could not communicate with your waiter if you wanted to. We’re giving it another try on the Joy, hoping for better. 

Most BBQ restaurants I've been to do the sauce this way.  The food quality wasn't bad considering they have to cook the meats off the ship, and the portion sizes are generous (especially the desserts).  The music doesn't start until later, so eat early if you want a quieter experience.  However, I found the music to be a highlight of the dinner.

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Thank you. I will await your report.

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

which date are you going on the joy we will be on it the 17th

The official terms and conditions state:

On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest.

1 hour ago, samzing said:

We were on the Joy last week.  The second restaurant choices are LaCucina, Q or Food Republic.  The first was LeBistro or Cagneys.

Thank you for your response. If we choose Food Republic, it looks like there are many small plates, but few "entrees". What is included in the Platinum Voucher? Do we  just order up to $35?

1 minute ago, oregonian123 said:

Thank you for your response. If we choose Food Republic, it looks like there are many small plates, but few "entrees". What is included in the Platinum Voucher? Do we  just order up to $35?

Hi, I see  timf2001 answered my question as I was typing. Thanks. 

On 7/30/2019 at 10:58 AM, timf2001 said:

considering they have to cook the meats off the ship

Do you know this for certain or are just assuming? I wondered about this too, obviously they can’t smoke them the normal way with lit charcoal and wood, I figured they used electric smokers. 

6 hours ago, tomservo said:

Do you know this for certain or are just assuming? I wondered about this too, obviously they can’t smoke them the normal way with lit charcoal and wood, I figured they used electric smokers. 

I don't have first hand knowledge, but it's what I've read.  There's a strong smoke smell in Q, but I'm guessing it's artificial to add to the ambiance.

5 hours ago, timf2001 said:

I don't have first hand knowledge, but it's what I've read.  There's a strong smoke smell in Q, but I'm guessing it's artificial to add to the ambiance.

According to this, NCL (and at least Carnival) do smoke their meats onboard.

“Q, located on Deck 6 of the Norwegian Bliss where the Supper Club is on the Norwegian Escape, was enabled by a new cooking technique with which meats can be authentically smoked onboard within safety rules, a Norwegian spokeswoman said.”

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Smoked-on-the-water

Edited by tomservo
  • Like 2