VISA OBC

3 minutes ago, Mrs.Dukes said:

Just a quick question, is the on board credit that you can get from your Royal VISA card refundable or non-refundable OBC? Thanks in advance.

Refundable

10 minutes ago, Mrs.Dukes said:

Great! Thanks!

You're welcome.

Note that there's been a report that this OBC is only added to your booking about two weeks before the cruise.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, Host Clarea said:

You're welcome.

Note that there's been a report that this OBC is only added to your booking about two weeks before the cruise.

I had to actually call bank of america (the RCL Visa card) to see why it wasn't on our cruise and we were a week away. Service case fixed that. I am glad I remembered to follow up.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, Host Clarea said:

Refundable

I am glad this was asked.  There is a small possibility I will need to cancel my cruise and I did not want to add my RC Visa points for OBC because I thought I would lose them if I had to cancel the cruise.  Would the points be returned or would it be given to me back as cash/credit?

On 7/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, Host Clarea said:

You're welcome.

What we do is once we get a confirmation that we redeemed points to convert to an OBC we print out the confirmation.  It usually appears on the cruise planner before sailing, never as close as two weeks.  

10 minutes ago, slyster said:

I am glad this was asked.  There is a small possibility I will need to cancel my cruise and I did not want to add my RC Visa points for OBC because I thought I would lose them if I had to cancel the cruise.  Would the points be returned or would it be given to me back as cash/credit?

The OBC from Visa points is only refundable onboard.

You can never get points back on your card.  If you cancel the cruise, you will lose the OBC.  The only way to keep the OBC once it has been redeemed is to call the redemption people and ask them to transfer it to another booking.

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The OBC from Visa points is only refundable onboard.

You can never get points back on your card.  If you cancel the cruise, you will lose the OBC.  The only way to keep the OBC once it has been redeemed is to call the redemption people and ask them to transfer it to another booking.

OH!  Now I get it.  Thanks for clarifying that for me Bob!  How close to the cruise can I add my RC Visa points for OBC?  

2 minutes ago, slyster said:

OH!  Now I get it.  Thanks for clarifying that for me Bob!  How close to the cruise can I add my RC Visa points for OBC?  

I think they say you can add it within a week.   However, if I was adding it less than two weeks before the cruise, I would not use the website to redeem, I'd call the redemption people to redeem.