Celebrity Summit C1 (Aft) Cabins - post Revolution

Atwell

It would be appreciated if anyone can provide information on the changes to the Summit C1 (Aft) cabins after the "revolution".  These cabins have the huge balconies and previously had two (or three) lounge chairs, a full size table, and four regular chairs with arms.  

Below is a photo of 8176 taken in Jan 2019, showing the furniture.  This is an accessible room so it is a little wider than a regular Aft C1.  I also found a photo of a regular Aft cabin 7203 taken in Nov 2018 which shows a chair with footstool, a recliner, a regular table, and three armchairs; there may be more furniture but just not visible in the photo.  Therefore, it appears there were different sets of balcony furniture being used in the C1 Aft cabins.

I would appreciate it if anyone can share info on current balcony furniture after the "revolution" for cabin 8176 specifically, but also for any of the other C1 Aft cabins on decks 7, 8, and 9. There has been a lot of discussion about the removal of footstools, the regular tables, and the armchairs but some of the info is conflicting, so it is not clear exactly what was done on the C1 Aft cabins balconies.

Any other info on significant changes to the C1 Aft cabins during the "revolution", in addition to the balcony area, would also be appreciated.

Summit 8176 Jan 2019 IMG_1323.jpg

Summit 7203 Nov 2018.png

Edited by Atwell
correction

I would also like to see. what furniture is being used in these C1aft balconies.

We enjoyed one on a cruise to Bermuda before the “Edgification”. 

I have posted questions about the new design of the Edge and subsequent refurbishment of some Celebrity ships to the forum where Ms Lutoff-Perlo (CEO) was supposed to be answering questions regarding Celebrity ships and also, the new program designed to give women fair employment opportunities with Celebrity.

Although it was stated that she would intermittently visit the forum to answer questions until August 12, apparently she has not addressed any questions posted on that forum.

Would like to see photos of these aft balconies from those who have sailed on the Summit since the refurbishment. If it is the stark furniture that I have seen on other categories of balconies, I do not think my DH will be convinced to take any other cruises on the Summit.

Well, maybe we will hear from Ms. Lutoff-Perlo about this topic on August 12 or before.  I believe there have been over 60 questions posted in the forum.  I'm not sure if any have been answered thus far.  Anyway, about 10.5 days since the forum was opened for questions and about 8.5 more days to go. 

I would really like to know what really happened with the Summit C1 Aft cabin balcony furniture during the "revolution".  Hopefully, it was left alone but that would be too good to be true.  

9 minutes ago, blndee77 said:

Sailed C1 aft cabin 8172 in July. No footstools. Two chairs. Two loungers with headrests. Two small tables, one high and one low. 

20318D18-2761-44D1-AC6E-73020BC482E9.jpeg

18421AAB-62B9-4B80-AFD5-655C5B48717F.jpeg

blndee77, 

Thank you for posting these photos.  This cabin is next door to 8176.  Not as bad as I expected but not as good as what we had been provided before.  Almost impossible to have a room service full breakfast or lunch served on the balcony, I think.  The small tables only look to be large enough to hold drinks.

1 minute ago, blndee77 said:

We did room service one morning when we had an early excursion. It was uncomfortable on the small tables and no where to eat in the room. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

360D93B6-E278-4E65-9B35-97135E86827E.jpeg

26014236-93A5-492B-A704-FCD530256A9D.jpeg

blndee77,

Yes, your photos make the point.  I see you improvised and used both tables to try to minimize the problem.  And they also must have eliminated the coffee table in the cabin.  Hard to understand why anyone would decide to eliminate the regular table on a large balcony like this, unless they had never cruised themselves.

• Like 1

Thank you to the posters of the photos showing the new balcony furniture.

Disappointing that the large table is gone.

We enjoy room service breakfasts,especially on the balcony.

The lack of a good sized table on the balcony and no coffee table in the cabin suggests to me that Celebrity wants to dissuade passengers from ordering room service.  This may free up waitstaff for other assignments ,therefore making a smaller amount of staff needed on a ship. In essence,this could be a cost cutting plan.

• Like 1

I can think of no other reason to remove the table in the cabin & provide a table on the balcony that isn’t suitable for anything but 2 glasses except to eliminate room service.  To me the message is clear.

• Like 2

And we can respond to the message by voting with our feet.  And indicating our dissatisfaction on the post cruise survey AND while on board.  If enough people speak up, I'll bet they will take action.  Who knows?  Maybe Celebrity really doesn't give a rip.  Clearly, much of the new design was created by people who never set foot on a ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1