Edge souvenir magnets

in2up2

When we sailed on one of the Edge preview cruises last December, there were no ship magnets for sale in the gift shops.  Does anyone know if there are now magnets, and better yet, if someone is sailing her soon, would they be willing to pick me up one and send it to me?

We were also on for the New Years sailing- they didn't have magnets nor any inexpensive trinkets.  We did purchase a beautiful crystal replica of the ship which wasn't very expensive and really nice.  I also purchased a necklace- but it broke!  We will be on the ship again in March and I will see if they can fix or replace the necklace.

I had my own stuff made. I found a company online to make notebooks and pens from Edge pictures (not copyrighted) to give to people who helped with our roll call cabin crawl. I also had a tote made for a very special person's birthday.  I made calling cards for my DH and I to have in case anyone asked for our info onboard, an iphone cover and a mouse pad. I didn't order an magnets, but maybe next time!  🙂 Everything was pretty reasonable.

Your creations were great and very much appreciated!

It was so nice of you to leave the bag of goodies with a b2b cruiser on my sailing..

Had a great big birthday on EDGE!

Hope they have  better stuff as time goes by,..

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Your creations were great and very much appreciated!

It was so nice of you to leave the bag of goodies with a b2b cruiser on my sailing..

Had a great big birthday on EDGE!

Hope they have  better stuff as time goes by,..

A great way to  spend a milestone birthday! Maybe I will do that at my next milestone ..... 40th coming up in a few years ....😉 

I really hope they put a "lower end" shop on the Apex so that we can get some official little souvenirs. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

Guess we'll go for the key chain..

I did get the  nice EDGE Prism necklace for myself and a swarvoski ( sp?) necklace for my dtr , but they had zero for my grandchild...dh or sil.. Dh looked bad in the hat and the $95 sweatshirt was a No!

I already have plans to buy gifts shoreside in Nov.  Was caught off guard last time 

From what I have read about the Edge and the direction Celebrity is taking with their new ships, high end shops is the type of shops that will be on the ships.

Celebrity seems to be trying to focus on a passenger demographic that is young and trendy. Not the sort of passenger interested in purchasing magnets and trinkets. MHO

Just now, MJSailors said:

From what I have read about the Edge and the direction Celebrity is taking with their new ships, high end shops is the type of shops that will be on the ships.

Celebrity seems to be trying to focus on a passenger demographic that is young and trendy. Not the sort of passenger interested in purchasing magnets and trinkets. MHO

I agree that is what they started out with on the Edge, but they soon listened to those of us who might be "magnet-buyers" and instituted paper trivia (had been all electronic initially), loungers and coffee tables in suites when received feedback, a book exchange cart and some other tweaks, so maybe will listen to feedback about having some lower end souvenirs. Seems like they are trying to keep as many people happy as possible.  🙂

I didn't see  anything  very special for the young and trendy or anyone else..Coach Bags , Tiffany  jewelry ( same as in  the catalogue) John Hardy.....  I am a shopper and  there's not much exciting stuff in the shops that I could see .Not even a Brito scupture...or little wooden puzzles like ones we enjoyed in EDEN..

What would be young and trendy? Perhaps an EDEN costume???.