Ripcord

Yes, quite a lot of experience.  Like it a lot.  You spend and hour, going thru the basics suiting up and 10 minutes in the tube, and you fly for one minute.  What would you like to know specifically?

jc

It actually is a lot of fun... I'm not a roller coaster, or thrill ride person at all, but I will say that I absolutely enjoyed it! To echo what others have said, you do spend a sizable amount of time on the "pre-flight" orientation, but they are just trying to make sure you don't get in the thing and so something stupid that will get you hurt and RCI sued.. The staff operating it are very thorough, and prepare you for the experience well. Once it comes time for your flight (which does only last about a minute) you let yourself fall face down into the net, and get pushed up by the fan right before you hit the net. The instructor holds on to your suit and gives you hand motions to indicate how you should orient your hands and body to keep yourself stable. Once your minute is up, you turn your body to stand upright and walk out. Pretty easy and super fun!!

• Like 1

It is well worth the time and effort to fly.  The main instructor is from an iFly facility in the states (the ones we have met anyway) and they are always training the RCI Ripcord people.  They make sure you enjoy your time in the tunnel and if you are having a little bit harder time they will help you enjoy.  This is really important with the kids that want to have the experience.  I have seen them take a little extra time just to make sure the short time in the tunnel is fun.  The training before is so you know what to expect and what to do, although most of the training can be forgotten when it is your time.  You will see young kids and senior adults all having a good time.  I know you will enjoy the experience.

• Like 1

You are weighed but no one can see how much the scale says just you and your instructor.  Everyone is standing off to one side while they take each person in line to be weighed no one can see but you are all in the same open space.  

It is so much fun I encourage you to try it.  I am not a roller coaster or ride person and I have arrange a second Anthem cruise so I can fly again!  It is a wonderful experience even though it is a short time actually flying.

Be careful if you have any back, shoulder or neck pain or injuries.  I found it a little difficult to hold my arms out in the superman position while the force of the wind was coming up from the bottom.  They had to keep motioning for me to put my arms correctly.  I was able to adjust, but I felt anyone who was a little weaker might not have been able to hold the position.  Im not gonna lie...I was a little sore the next day in my arms.....it felt like I had worked out.

• Like 1

I was glad I tried it but once was more than enough.  I felt completely spastic the entire minute in the tube...hated the wind up my nose and overall just flopped around.  Kudos to the instructor....both my husband and I were the worst of our bunch...ending up stuck in awkward spots while the instructor tries to coax you to position your body better.  The minute felt like forever.

• Like 3

There are some who will not let you fly if you have had shoulder injuries.  I agree with Labmom3, we are on Anthem for the 3rd time with another booked for Feb. 2020 and Ovation for 2019 just so the husband and son can fly.  They got hooked and now we look at the ships and wonder what we could do without the Ripcord and bumper cars.  I also feel awkward but it has become a family tradition that we all fly the first time for pictures and then the guys see how many times they can fly during the cruise.  Every should try it at least once.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:51 PM, joe hose said:

I was curious about anyone’s experience on the ripcord Ifly?

Thanks everyone for your responses! They definitely made me want to try it when I go in September! I’ll let you know how it was when I get back.