Outstanding balance but already paid in full?

39august

OK, I have read of others having this problem. We paid the cruise and air in full in late May. Yesterday, Celebrity  notifies my TA that we have an outstanding balance of over $1400. TA says call Celebrity Air. Celebrity Air says paid in full. TA is supposed to  call X and resolve this.  I talk to CC  who now confirm they have been notified by X Air that it is paid in full as of this AM after I called them. No action apparently so far from my TA, or anyway, no notes in file to that effect.  I have left another message to TA. Any suggestions about how to get this resolved, other than contact the TA again? 

Not sure what the problem is.  As I read your post the TA was notified of a balance due of $1400.  TA called Celebrity Air and was told air was paid. Celebrity Air, according to CC has notified Celebrity that the air is paid in full.  So seems that it is resolved.  What is it you need your TA to do?

The airline usually only allows you to select seats once your flight has been paid in full. I would go to their site and see if you can select your seats. If you can then there is no problem. Let your TA handle any problems.

Edited by Orator

TA just called and all is resolved. But perhaps it is worth noting that when I made an upgrade to first class on the air(and paid it immediately), somehow the cruise reservation changed my cruise fare to the current fare, which was over $700 per person more that what it was when I originally booked many months ago. So any changes to your Celebrity Air may cause a re-pricing of your cruise fare. 

When we changed our Flights by Celebrity (changed airlines but not dates) we too got an unpleasant surprise change to our cruise booking. All of our perks got dropped and our pricing changed as well. Everyone who makes changes to their Celebrity air flights should double and triple check their cruise booking the next day or so afterward!