Seattle pier 91 help

golfer1903

Can any help me find some hotels for Alaska precruise hotel for one night. 

That would offer even for a charge shuttle to hotel then next day shuttle to pier 91. Then after from pier 91 to airport.

I have search and can't seem to find any.  I usually go from Florida or cruises and never have problems but can't seem to find any thing for seattle.  Seems I can find some for pier 61 not nothing for 91

There are no hotels close by. There are dozens of threads here on Seattle hotels, yes, some refer to Pier 66, no reason you can't use them:

The worst case would be taking a taxi. We did from the Hilton...it was just under $15, before tip.

Getting to the airport has many options. Taxi is flat rate $47. Towncars run $55-65. I used to be able to recommend AlreadyThere Town cars, but sadly, I can no longer.

For both rides, Uber and Lyft are very popular in Seattle.

Hotels in the Seattle Center area (near Space Needle) often have a for-fee shuttle to the pier. Many don't even advertise it - we've stayed at three different ones none of which had anything on their websites but when we arrived there was a little sign on the desk saying you could book a shuttle to the pier ($5pp back in the day, more recently $7, so about the same as a cab if there are two of you but cheaper for a solo). LaQuinta, Homewood Suites, Mediterranean Inn - and the Maxwell offers a more-expensive but fancier Towncar transfer package.

Shuttles to the airport from the pier have nothing to do with a hotel so I can't imagine why you'd be restricting yourself to trying to book such that way - just book direct with one of the several Seattle shuttle companies (various combinations of any two of the words Seattle, Shuttle, and Express all seem to exist!) if you don't want to risk a variable fare. Personally we've never headed to SEA after a cruise, but we have used EastSideForHire car service on various other routes including to and from the pier - think of them as a proto-Uber service with fixed rates based on distance, older cars, no fancy App, but none of your Surge nonsense. IIRC it's about $40 to SEA from the pier with them so cheaper than the ~$25-29pp that the shuttles charge for 2+ people.

15 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

Can any help me find some hotels for Alaska precruise hotel for one night. 

That would offer even for a charge shuttle to hotel then next day shuttle to pier 91. Then after from pier 91 to airport.

I have search and can't seem to find any.  I usually go from Florida or cruises and never have problems but can't seem to find any thing for seattle.  Seems I can find some for pier 61 not nothing for 91

We've been home a week today from our Alaska cruise on the Legend. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Suite on Aurora ave. One night total was $312.96 . Our flight from Orlando landed at 915AM. We got to the hotel around 11 and asked if the had an early check in and they did. No extra charge. The free breakfast was very nice, eggs pancakes, fruit, yogurt etc. Lots of construction on the roads in that area, but quiet at night. The is a Walgreens 2 blocks up the street. Walking distance to the Space Needle, Chihuly Glass museum and Pikes Market. We did them all. I asked about getting a taxi to the port and the hotel had a shuttle for $10 each. If your flying out of Seattle make sure you use the Port Valet for your luggage, it's free.

• Like 1

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Seattle downtown, about four blocks from the Space Needle and 10-15 minutes or so from pier 91. They don't advertise it but they have a for-fee shuttle from the hotel to pier 91, sorry I didn't get the pricing as we already had a car service arranged. Unfortunately, the Hampton doesn't have a Seatac to hotel shuttle.

Edited by joepeka

The Hampton Inn on 5th does provide shuttle service to both cruise terminals, Pier 66 & Pier 91 although it’s $8 per person currently, about the same as an Uber.

Choose a hotel in an area where you want to stay and within your budget. Cab/Uber/Lyft are fairly inexpensive from the downtown/South Lake Union areas to the cruise terminals.

The Fairfield Inn by the airport, they offer $15pp shuttle that will take you from the hotel to the pier. If you need them to take you from the pier to the airport they will do that as well for another $15pp.  My DH and I will be using this service and staying at the Fairfield next Thursday night before our cruise. 

On 8/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, janone73 said:

@ Cruiser Bruce

I have booked Already There for 8/31.  I have been seeing posts similar to yours, could you elaborate?

They no showed on us. They did give us 40 minutes notice, but essentially their position was "you are on your own". No plan B. No  follow up. Nothing.

On 8/21/2019 at 5:35 PM, CruiserBruce said:

They no showed on us. They did give us 40 minutes notice, but essentially their position was "you are on your own". No plan B. No  follow up. Nothing.

Thank you for this.  If they've done it once, they will probably do it again or have already.  Very sad!

A taxi from Pier 91 to the airport is flat-rate $47. Shuttle Express is right at $17-19 per person and the regular bus cost is $27/per person.  Time for the regular bus from the pier to the airport is about 30-40 minutes normally, the taxis and smaller buses probably a little faster.

Tom

We stayed at the Mediterranean Inn in Queen Anne.  Nice hotel, friendly staff and nice neighborhood.  Walking distance to MANY restaurants and to Seattle Center/Space Needle area.  $7/pp shuttle in the morning to Pier 91 that takes all of about 10 minutes.  Plus they have late checkout (12 noon) if your boarding time is not first thing.

The Mediterranean also has a nice rooftop patio with stunning views of downtown in the evening.

We just returned from our Ovation cruise yesterday.  We took Seattle Express from our hotel near the airport to the cruise terminal to board the ship, and then on our return, from the pier to the airport.  Round trip fare was $30.00 per person. The bus trip each way was about the same amount of time as a taxi would have been.  You are dropped off at the pier just near the luggage drop off point for either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity, and the pickup when you return is at the same place.  It was so nice to walk off the ship (without luggage, just carry-ons - we used the Seattle port luggage service) and just stroll up to the bus without fighting lines or crowds, get onboard, and be driven to the airport.  They were exactly where and when they said they would be and the return trip to the airport was very smooth.  We walked off the ship at about 8:15, went through customs (about 1 minute - no lines and no forms to fill out), were on a bus, a short wait for it to fill up (less than 15 minutes) and off we went.  We arrived at the airport at about 9:30 or so.  They did say that if  you left the ship after 9:00 or 9:30, the wait for a bus would be longer (up to 45 minutes was the estimate given), as all the buses would be enroute either to or from the airport already.   I would definitely use them again.  BTW, the one-way fare would have been $16.99 per person.

Pat

Edited by vistapat
  • Like 1