Escape Haven Forward Facing Penthouse Balcony View

wezie

28 minutes ago, wezie said:

HI.  Is the view from the balcony of the front of the ship or the side like a regular balcony cabin?

The balcony is on the side (and partially obstructed in some [all?] cases), with a forward view from the bedroom section of the stateroom.  You can find a few videos on Youtube if you'd like to see a walk-through.  

One of the many nice things about the older, Jewel-class ships -- the balconies of the forward-facing Penthouse suites are truly forward-facing.  The views are fabulous.   (I believe the same is true on the Dawn and Sun, but I've never sailed on them.)  It was my "dream" cabin for our Panama Canal cruise in 2017:

enhance

(photo by turtles06)

16 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

On Escape, the partially enclosed H7 balconies are on deck 14. All balconies are on the side and the "forward-facing" is the window in the bedroom (or in the wheelchair accessible bathroom in 13106).

Is this true?  I went on a couple of cruise websites and they showed H7's on various decks.  As a matter of fact, I saw a utube where they said to avoid deck 9.

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Is this true?  I went on a couple of cruise websites and they showed H7's on various decks.  As a matter of fact, I saw a utube where they said to avoid deck 9.

Many avoid deck 9 because the forward-facing view from the bedroom is mostly of the bow of the ship. The higher the deck, the better the view forward. If you go too high (just under the bridge) the forward-facing view is good but the side view/balcony is not good because of the partially enclosed balcony.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

One of the many nice things about the older, Jewel-class ships -- the balconies of the forward-facing Penthouse suites are truly forward-facing

Escape has 8 suites (the H2s and H3s) where the balcony actually faces forward. They cost more than the H7, though.

Now this thread makes sense!:classic_wink:  Reading Forward Facing Penthouse made me think it was Forward Facing Balcony too.  

I had everything turned around.  (I guess it would have helped to look at the deck plans).

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

One of the many nice things about the older, Jewel-class ships -- the balconies of the forward-facing Penthouse suites are truly forward-facing.  The views are fabulous.   (I believe the same is true on the Dawn and Sun, but I've never sailed on them.)  It was my "dream" cabin for our Panama Canal cruise in 2017:

enhance

(photo by turtles06)

I’ve sailed forward on both the Dawn and the Sun and yes, they are truly forward facing!