Do you have any questions you want asked in the Behind the Fun Tour?

Allura_317

I am planning on doing the behind the fun tour on my upcoming Breeze cruise.  Does anyone have any questions they are interested in knowing?  I will try my best to address all questions in the tour, and I will get back to everyone when upon my return.

Edited by Allura_317
Typographical error

13 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

I am planning on doing the behind the fun tour on my upcoming Breeze cruise.  Does anyone have any questions they are interested in knowing?  I will try my best to address all questions in the tour, and I will get back to everyone when upon my return.

Hi, I have two questions

1. Regarding Carnival Fantasy's failing score, how has Carnival changed fleet wide, primarily on the Breeze, to prevent this from happening again?

2. How do the actors perform/rehearse on stage in rough weather when the ship isn't fully stable?

Thank you for doing this!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Hi, I have two questions

1. Regarding Carnival Fantasy's failing score, how has Carnival changed fleet wide, primarily on the Breeze, to prevent this from happening again?

2. How do the actors perform/rehearse on stage in rough weather when the ship isn't fully stable?

I can answer the second question for you...they don’t perform if the ship is rocking too much. I have been on several cruises where shows were either outright cancelled or they did a scaled down version, like simply singing only without any dancing or anything else they normal do during the show. 

38 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Hi, I have two questions

No problem!  Your second question was answered by PhillyFan33579, and as for rehearsals, they learn the show on land, and rehearsals at sea in rocky conditions would only happen to rehearse a modified version for the conditions.  

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

Hi, I have two questions

Someone posted a link to the CDC's recent inspection reports. Breeze was inspected this past May, if you're interested. https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionGreenSheetRpt.aspx

Last year aboard Glory, one of the Playlist performers was injured during the early show because the ship was rolling too much. Nothing serious, it was his ankle or something. That was the night of Epic Rock. We were really looking forward to seeing it again, but wouldn't you know it, our meal in the MDR took forever, so we missed the early show. They decided to alter the late show, just the performers sitting on stools on stage singing. It was terrible, we didn't even last three songs. I didn't think their singing was very good to begin with, but when they took away the big production show, it made them worse.

40 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

They will be adding a "private island" on Grand Bahama Island, like they did with Grand Turk in the Turks and Caicos.

Is that the "mega-port" they're building in Freeport? If so, it should put Grand Turk to shame. It's supposed to be Carnival's largest cruise port in the world.

Edited by Organized Chaos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!  I'm back! Regarding the rehearsal process, the performers learn the shows in a rehearsal studio in Miami. Once on the ship, the show is "frozen" after the handoff.  Occasionally, they will run small rehearsals in between the two shows if needed.  If the ship is too rocky, they perform a concert version of the show where they all sit on stools and sing the show without dancing.  If the ship's movement is really bad, then the show is cancelled.  In the ambiance and vibe of the tour, I did not feel comfortable asking about the failed ship inspection, sorry.  

On 8/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, Allura_317 said:

Going on the Magic in 2 weeks, was the tour worth the cost $95 ? i really want to do it all though the DW would rather sleep in. Sea day correct?

13 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Going on the Magic in 2 weeks, was the tour worth the cost $95 ? i really want to do it all though the DW would rather sleep in. Sea day correct?

Seems obvious to me that you go on the tour while your wife sleeps in. My wife and I have cruised together 29 times and we have never done everything together on even one of these cruises. 

I have done the BTF tour. It is well worth the price to do once. Maybe twice if it's a different class of ship.

Places you never see, like the morgue are on the tour. You can't go in, but you see the door and know it's there. On the Glory the biggest surprise to me was that they have an escalator in the galley for moving people and food up and down.

At the end of the tour you get a BTF lanyard, hat, backpack, and some other stuff. You get to meet the Capt on the bridge and ask him questions and also take a picture with him.

Our tour was on the last sea day. It took about 3.5 hours. Lots of walking and stairs.

Do it.

8 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

It was on the Legend, yes.  You do the tour, send the Mrs. off for a massage.  Everyone wins.

9 minutes ago, ParrotRob said:

It was on the Legend, yes.  You do the tour, send the Mrs. off for a massage.  Everyone wins.

WOW! That is EXACTLY what we did. I toured, she got the massage. And I got the bill for both.

Just did BTF on the Legend.  I don't know about other ships, but don't let the "lot of walking and stairs" scare you off on this ship as it just wasn't so.  The tour started on deck 3 in the piano bar.  From there it was down 1 flight to deck 2, and the main stage.  Down one more level to the dressing room, then back up one level to deck 2.  Walk all the way aft, then down one level to deck 1 and the galley.  Then down again to the storeroom and engine control room.  Forward to the crew lounge, working down to deck C and the laundry.  From there it was up an elevator to deck 8 and the bridge.  Then up two levels by stairs to deck 10 and the steakhouse.  So basically we walked the length of the ship twice (from bow to stern and back again) and up a grand total of three levels.  Not nearly as grueling as advertised.

Also no morgue on the Legend tour, and no insight into crew living quarters.  We walked by but did not visit the medical center, although I have unfortunately had firsthand experience with that ;)

Their FAQ's say it's anywhere from $55 - $95, depending on the cruise. Is the price based on ship class (i.e. size)? Is there any way to know how much it costs beforehand?

Also, how hard is it to get one of the limited spots on the tour? We're not P/D, but there's times we have FTTF to board earlier. If you're a part of general boarding, is it a lost cause?

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Their FAQ's say it's anywhere from $55 - $95, depending on the cruise. Is the price based on ship class (i.e. size)? Is there any way to know how much it costs beforehand?

Also, how hard is it to get one of the limited spots on the tour? We're not P/D, but there's times we have FTTF to board earlier. If you're a part of general boarding, is it a lost cause?

I think it's hit or miss.  On my cruise, they were advertising it still on the second or third day of the cruise.  On the day of the tour there were two groups of 16 - one at 9am and one at 9:30, so I guess they filled up.  I booked immediately with priority boarding and there were already like four people signed up.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

We are Platinum and never run to book. We do our normal boarding, put bags away, get Cheers card, have a few drinks and watch sail away. We have done  it twice and always booked day 2 and never have been turned away. I'm pretty sure if it books, they open another tour schedule. 

5 hours ago, ParrotRob said:

I think it's hit or miss.  On my cruise, they were advertising it still on the second or third day of the cruise.  On the day of the tour there were two groups of 16 - one at 9am and one at 9:30, so I guess they filled up.

4 hours ago, coevan said:

We have done  it twice and always booked day 2 and never have been turned away. I'm pretty sure if it books, they open another tour schedule. 

Well that's good then. It sounds like they've eased up on how limited they say it is in their FAQ's.

• The tour is extremely exclusive, it is only offered once during the cruise, on the last sea day and is limited to only 16 participants.