Silver Muse are we the only one sailing on her ?

C@lm-Se@s

We are on the Whisper on September 3, 2019 and not ONE other person on the roll call I posted months ago. I even joined the Silversea Passengers Facebook group and still haven't found anyone. I know its a small ship. But it will feel quite large if we have it all to ourselves 🙂

It’s not uncommon for there to be few, or possibly even no CC members on any given SS voyage. If you look at the range of posters on the SS boards, apart from the regulars there are not that many. In the last 5 years we have met the Meet and Mingle requirement about 1 in every 5 cruises, and those tend to be either long ones or transoceanics. Anyway, good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Hi Calm....  I noticed that your roll call is titled "Silver Muse".  It might get more response if you changed the title to your specific date.  Or maybe not, as Silver stated, the longer cruises get more interest.  Good luck & don't worry, you'll meet lots of people once on board & there will be a reception for first timers early in the cruise.  Please let us know how you enjoyed the cruise.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:41 AM, Silver Spectre said:

It’s not uncommon for there to be few, or possibly even no CC members on any given SS voyage. If you look at the range of posters on the SS boards, apart from the regulars there are not that many. In the last 5 years we have met the Meet and Mingle requirement about 1 in every 5 cruises, and those tend to be either long ones or transoceanics. Anyway, good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Agree with above by the wise and experienced Silver Spectre regarding the relatively small number of Cruise Critic posters who are sailing with Silversea.  During recent cruises, I have posted on the roll call, but the numbers following up have been very, very small.  When you are on a smaller ship, that is just the relative "reality".  Agree also that the longer or transoceanic cruises are more likely to attract a larger number of CC board posters.  It is good to do a post for a roll call, but do not be disappointed and/or take it "personal" that the follow-ups are limited.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 237,003 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

We had 6 at our recent M&M on the Muse. All really lovely people. As the cruise went on, there were a dozen plus people that we encountered that are active CC’ers, several of them contributing to the live from thread. I Think for many, the M&M just isn't their type of thing.

Hi Worldtraveller.  They are not listed in the daily bulletin.  Those who are invited get an invitation in the suite.  There is about a 99% chance you will have one hosted by the Cruise consultant & the social staff so that they can tell you how smart you were to choose Silversea & offer to sell you another one right NOW!

• Like 1

We have traveled on small Windstar and Seabourn ships and have always met fellow passengers on the Roll Call forum. We wound up booking private tours and comparing notes on other excursions with them. It was nice. We are still friendly with folks we met on a Windstar cruise 4 years ago

I see nowornever thank you - and thank you Terry - so I guess there was no M & M on the Alaska Muse cruise?  Yes we are 1st timers, so will go to that reception if we can! Maybe I should put up our roll call sooner rather than later?

We haven't ocean cruised, but have taken 2 river cruises so far and loved them. Everyone was very sociable and we sat with lots of nice people for meals.

We are on Silver Muse 21 to 28 Oct 2019 (Japan to China).

This cruise seems to have been mostly sold as a 14 day (only shows as 14 day on SS website), but it seems they have sold it as 2 x 7 days as well (maybe via Travel Agents (ours is part of a pre and post tours package).