Additional obc for booking on board

Summergee

Here are the OBC amounts for booking on board that I am seeing listed in the Cunard US FAQ.

Onboard Spending Money:

6-9 nights on board
Grill Accommodation = $200 USD 
Balcony Accommodation = $150 USD 
Inside / Outside Accommodation = $100 USD

Sailings of 10 nights or more
Grill Accommodation = $400 USD
Balcony Accommodation = $300 USD
Inside / Outside Accommodation = $200 USD

That matches what is listed for "On Board Booking Benefits" in a QM2 daily programme I have from July.

These amounts are per person, so they would double when booking a cabin for double occupancy.

28 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here are the OBC amounts for booking on board that I am seeing listed in the Cunard US FAQ.

Onboard Spending Money:

6-9 nights on board
Grill Accommodation = $200 USD 
Balcony Accommodation = $150 USD 
Inside / Outside Accommodation = $100 USD

Sailings of 10 nights or more
Grill Accommodation = $400 USD
Balcony Accommodation = $300 USD
Inside / Outside Accommodation = $200 USD

That matches what is listed for "On Board Booking Benefits" in a QM2 daily programme I have from July.

These amounts are per person, so they would double when booking a cabin for double occupancy.

Those amounts also match the ones listed on the UK FAQ’s.

Maybe the OP was able to negotiate additional OBC with the onboard Voyage Sales Office or their TA may have added some too?

17 minutes ago, Summergee said:

We had almost double this when we booked last year.  No special offer, no negotiating. 

That's very interesting indeed. QM2 daily programmes I have from June 2018 hint at those same OBC amounts by stating "Book on board and receive generous on board credit of up to $400 per person" when they were advertising longer voyages and "... up to $200 per person" when advertising shorter voyages. QM2 daily programmes I have from July 2016 spell out all those same OBC amounts in detail. I don't know why they were higher when you booked on board last year.

I don't book on board, but buy future cruise credits. In years past they gave you an automatic $300 OBC for a six day or longer voyage, The last couple of times, I booked, I got two hundred from the FCC, six hundred for the booking itself, one hundred each for Shareholder credit and military service. I also got the suites drinks package and prepaid gratuities. The last few voyages, I have ended up with credit at the end of the voyage. My travel arranger is very good at getting me a big boost. 

We often don't know exactly where we are going and when, but we know that we will return to Cunard so we make an open deposit for a future booking and eventually get a modest amount of OBC.

23 minutes ago, candle in the wind said:

I may be wrong but I was under the impression FCC's were discontinued and only bookings are now taken on board to get the OBC. I asked about it last year and that was the answer, but maybe they have been reinstated.

I was able to get pay a future cruise deposit while I was on board the Queen Elizabeth in June and then get the on board credit when I took it to my travel agent to book a cruise when I got back home if that is any help. 

• Like 1

They did make one change a while back whereby you must now be on board to be able to purchase the Future Cruise Deposit. Previously you were able to purchase a FCD for a friend or family member that was not travelling on the ship at the time.

Not sure if the FCD is the same as a FCC. The slight difference (Deposit versus Credit) may be terminology related to the differing T&C's between the UK and US.