Constellation Balcony

lakegirl16

If possible avoid the port side as the smoking area is on the open deck below on I think deck 5      If you smoke that it is a non issue

Would recommend looking into AQ or CC.   The cabins are larger and may come with extra perks that may offset the cost difference.  AQ has their own dining  room that was also includes breakfast.  There are also a lot of other perks that are very nice.   When we cruise we usually sail in AQ but have recently have been booking  Sky Suites as it was cost effective and a good value for the money

The cost may not be much more for AQ and   If possible get the AQ cabins on deck 11 at the aft.   1140 has the largest balcony and the other 4 cabins also have large balconies.   It is a nice place to be and there is stairs that go down to th bar below nd the buffet. J

there is a sticky that has cabin reviews.  Do a search there.    There are some that may be obstructed by the lifeboats. 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You can also go to www.cruisedeckplans.com. It's a TA website that offers a free section that includes deck plans for all cruise lines/ships. It has info on cabins with larger balconies, obstructions, noise issues, etc. as well as many photos. I use it all the time when selecting cabins.

Thanks!   We’ve done Concierge, Aqua and even we’re lucky enough to upgrade to a sky suite on our last cruise.  Due to budget this time I’m choosing a Veranda cabin and  looking for general recommendations  on Decks 7 or 8.  Not even sure what cabins to specifically search for on those threads.  Thanks!!!

If you are looking for a slightly larger balcony check out Deck 7 cabins 7173, 7175, 7177, 7176, 7178, 7180  or Deck 6 "sweet 16" cabins 6016 thru 6030 on starboard, and 6021 thru 6035 on port. 

The Deck 6 cabins are a little less expensive, but we really like the ones on deck 7. Hope this helps

it's a standard balcony.....should be no issues.  JMB4534 was pointing out that there are some cabins that have larger balconies that don't show on any deck plan.  If you can get one of those, your room will be the same size but you will have a larger balcony.

Question: Do any of the balcony cabins have bed by window/veranda? I am wondering if we could get a scooter in a regular veranda cabin?  DH does not need a handicapped bathroom... so would prefer to use regular balcony cabin... IF we can get a scooter in it AND still get in the bathroom.

12 minutes ago, kearney said:

Question: Do any of the balcony cabins have bed by window/veranda? I am wondering if we could get a scooter in a regular veranda cabin?  DH does not need a handicapped bathroom... so would prefer to use regular balcony cabin... IF we can get a scooter in it AND still get in the bathroom.

Your biggest problem may be getting a scooter through the door in a regular cabin. The doors in an accessible cabin are wider. I suggest you call the access office and ask them. Have the measurements of your scooter ready. But your best option is going to be an accessible cabin. A scooter would take up a lot of space in a regular cabin even if you can get it through the door.

19 minutes ago, finny2 said:

Your biggest problem may be getting a scooter through the door in a regular cabin. The doors in an accessible cabin are wider. I suggest you call the access office and ask them. Have the measurements of your scooter ready. But your best option is going to be an accessible cabin. A scooter would take up a lot of space in a regular cabin even if you can get it through the door.

Actually I have and they tell me the doorway is 28" wide... should be okay for 22" scooter... but they seem to think that cabins alternate between bed by bath and bed by veranda... but looking at cabin reviews and deck plans... it appears that they all are bed by bath... so I am not sure the person who responded actually knows. I just don't want to rent one and arrive only to find out that 1) they couldn't leave it because they couldn't get it in the cabin or 2) it is in but we cant get in.. and then we have to work with the steward on the fly to come up with a solution... special needs group while helpful... had no info on this either...  

Interestingly on Harmony of the Seas... which was the first time we rented one... the bed was by the bath but the bathroom door opened towards the bed..so we were able to keep it in the cabin and still access restroom. On Edge it fit nicely next to sofa...there we knew in advance so selected a cabin with bed by the window.  I just am trying to avoid problems but it may turn out that we have to get an accessible cabin...regardless of how much I hate doing that....

I believe whomever you spoke to was talking about a "S" class ship where the beds alternate.  On "M" class the bed is always by the bath I believe.  So I wouldn't trust their answer on the door width if they were talking about the wrong ship.  The accessible C1 cabins on the aft are really nice with a wonderfull 20' deep balcony with some cover and some sun.  I believe the one on deck 9 was recently reclassified to AQ after Revolution which would give you access to Blu although the Connie deck plans don't reflect this or other things that were added to the 2 ships already Revolutionized.

Edited by wrk2cruise

52 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe whomever you spoke to was talking about a "S" class ship where the beds alternate.  On "M" class the bed is always by the bath I believe.  So I wouldn't trust their answer on the door width if they were talking about the wrong ship.  The accessible C1 cabins on the aft are really nice with a wonderfull 20' deep balcony with some cover and some sun.  I believe the one on deck 9 was recently reclassified to AQ after Revolution which would give you access to Blu although the Connie deck plans don't reflect this or other things that were added to the 2 ships already Revolutionized.

Thanks... I have sent them a follow up note about this. Some have probably noted that I have asked this question before about M Class... but I have gotten mixed answers... I will look at your suggestions.. we may have to go the accessible route. I haven't booked anything yet... have been holding off. Newer ships are less of an issue... we can deal with tighter than normal cabin. The other idea I had was to locate a cabin near an area where it might be safe to park a scooter over night... like near center elevators or perhaps near the loyalty desk... but hard to know how much room there is from deck plan...nor if that is acceptable. It was interesting on Edge our cabin was in an area that had a rather large area just outside the cabin... this allowed us to park it for short periods of time without interfering with traffic flow... hard to know if such spots exist without having been on the ship. 

If you try an accessible cabin, you may find that the pluses outweigh the minuses. I haven't been on the Constellation yet, but I have had accessible cabins on other cruise lines (since I use a wheelchair), and they are very nice. 

2 hours ago, kearney said:

Thanks... I have sent them a follow up note about this. Some have probably noted that I have asked this question before about M Class... but I have gotten mixed answers... I will look at your suggestions.. we may have to go the accessible route. I haven't booked anything yet... have been holding off. Newer ships are less of an issue... we can deal with tighter than normal cabin. The other idea I had was to locate a cabin near an area where it might be safe to park a scooter over night... like near center elevators or perhaps near the loyalty desk... but hard to know how much room there is from deck plan...nor if that is acceptable. It was interesting on Edge our cabin was in an area that had a rather large area just outside the cabin... this allowed us to park it for short periods of time without interfering with traffic flow... hard to know if such spots exist without having been on the ship. 

If you are ever looking at AQ on the "M" class ships and want an open space in the hallway there is just that on deck 11.  These are A1 cabins but remember with the Captains Club 1 category upgrade these can be had for a A2 price.  The area circled is a fairly large open area with a bench which would be plenty large to store a scooter.  Technically scooters are not allowed to be stored outside the stateroom.  I'm not sure there would be an outlet to charge in that area either.

image.png.3b08c5abc2d6793349c998c76540384e.png

Thanks for the suggestions on rooms.  The sweet 16 are taken, except very first one.  Not sure I want to be that far forward.  Deck 7, if I look at those right, they look down on the cover over the balconies below? Can someone speak to if that is same on 7151- 7165?  Do those have a clear view to the water?  Any concerns on one of those? Or 6111?

Just not at all familiar with any of these and don't find a lot of details on the deck plan sites.  Trying to stay in this price range of cabin.

Thanks!!!!