Azamazing Evening Journey November and December

uktog

On 8/18/2019 at 4:28 PM, uktog said:

I believe they are looking at alternatives given the various forecasts.  Its so hard, finding a night in port that meets with the approval of the weather gods and is not going to impact on too many excursions e.g. the tattoo.

We were at the tattoo last night, it was fabulous but as the Castle esplanade is high up and exposed it is windy and of course no cover so tell anyone going to wrap up well but ta wonderful spectacle awaits them.

There actually is a small amount of cover. Any time we have been we have booked the top row as it does have an overhang.

7 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

There actually is a small amount of cover. Any time we have been we have booked the top row as it does have an overhang.

We were in the box so we knew we would be OK but very few people are.  The new format stands have much less cover on the top row this year so it might not be worth risking the climb for all that.

1 minute ago, uktog said:

We were in the box so we knew we would be OK but very few people are.  The new format stands have much less cover on the top row this year so it might not be worth risking the climb for all that.

Thanks, that is good to know. It has been a few years since we have been.

I have a real problem with this!  One of the reasons I enjoy taking Azamara cruises is the "Azamazing Evenings"  Your website states that every cruise 7 days or longer include one of these evenings.  These Caribbean cruises fall under this description from Azamara's website:

Best of all, one is included with our compliments on all cruises except transatlantic crossings and voyages that are less than seven nights long.

So being on back to back cruises, I am missing out on two promised Azamazing Evenings!  I really hope there will be some form of compensation, but I really would just prefer a couple evenings to remember on our cruises.  Why do we not get the same level of cruise experience as promised in your brochures?

• Like 3

TThank you for letting us know Bonnie,

i would be grateful if you could feed back how absolutely dissatisfied we are that this has only been communicated now after final payment and that it now seems call centre agents knew this a month ago. Stupidly we assumed they were incorrect.    We also are b2b so missing two evenings as a result and believe there should have been some adjustment to the cruise price to reflect this.  

At the very least, guests should be advised that an advertised inclusion is not happening before they get onboard. Many of us have already been seriously messed around on our bookings when Azamara pulled out of Cuba, we appreciate it was difficult for Azamara too but as Alberts Rose says this feels now like a shoe in experience and not a cruise experience of Azamaras usual standard.  

We rebooked as we wanted a Caribbean experience with Azamara and one thing that swung it over a competitor (who actually had better itinerary, pricing and would not have required us to book an extra flight) was the thought of experiencing an evening like the ones you have done in the past.   We asked BEFORE final payment, but now hear too late AFTER final payment so are stuck. 

Appreciate an evening may not be able to be magically set up but this lack of communication with guests is unacceptable.  It’s not the first time we’ve had issues after final payment and lessons are clearly not being learned.

Edited by uktog
  • Like 3

It never occurred to me until now that this information could be purposefully withheld. This is disappointing to read.

Bonnie, is this why the Grand Voyage back-to-back cruises in Jan-Feb do not yet have their AzAmazing Evening schedule confirmed by you and put into the VP for the Jan. 23rd middle sailing?? Waiting for the soon-coming Final Payment date before it’s communicated that we shall be majorly let down?!!

You know what the issue is, as discussed in another thread - please don’t prove me right on this... I much rather be wrong, since we’re ALREADY not getting the AzAmazing Evening that the specific Feb. 8 New Zealand cruise is so heavily marketed with, and which swayed our decision to book Azamara instead of a competitor (that also offered an attractive & similar Itinerary at a much better price-point.)

In such a competitive market, Azamara would be foolish to not deliver on one of the main selling points (aggressively marketed) that distinguishes it from the others. And playing around like this gets it known as a cruise line that cannot be trusted to deliver what it promises... esp. when it comes to their Land Products (that are integrally part of the cruising experience.) For the life of me, I really don’t understand the continued dissonance between the failings in that department and the expanded mission and market that Azamara has launched itself into...

2 hours ago, uktog said:

TThank you for letting us know Bonnie,

i would be grateful if you could feed back how absolutely dissatisfied we are that this has only been communicated now after final payment and that it now seems call centre agents knew this a month ago. Stupidly we assumed they were incorrect.    We also are b2b so missing two evenings as a result and believe there should have been some adjustment to the cruise price to reflect this.  

At the very least, guests should be advised that an advertised inclusion is not happening before they get onboard. Many of us have already been seriously messed around on our bookings when Azamara pulled out of Cuba, we appreciate it was difficult for Azamara too but as Alberts Rose says this feels now like a shoe in experience and not a cruise experience of Azamaras usual standard.  

We rebooked as we wanted a Caribbean experience with Azamara and one thing that swung it over a competitor (who actually had better itinerary, pricing and would not have required us to book an extra flight) was the thought of experiencing an evening like the ones you have done in the past.   We asked BEFORE final payment, but now hear too late AFTER final payment so are stuck. 

Appreciate an evening may not be able to be magically set up but this lack of communication with guests is unacceptable.  It’s not the first time we’ve had issues after final payment and lessons are clearly not being learned.

Thank you Bonnie for confirming what we feared for the past week or so, the silence was deafening. We do appreciate the job you do on these boards, and understand you are simply the 'messenger' in regard to this extremely poor decision.

I couldn't put it any better than the quoted post above, so re-iterate all of that and ask you to feedback from us also. For us, as Azamara first timers also B2B on both cruises, it is particularly upsetting. May I ask what Azamara plan by way of compensation for failing to honour their clear marketing USP (Unique Selling Point)? We have cruised 45 times, and were so looking forward to the premium Azamara experience...this expectation has already been sadly diminished and it is very difficult to see how we would ever sail again with Azamara.

• Like 1

We are very disappointed at the news that there will be no Azamazing evening on our cruise departing on 30 November. Surely Azamara are obliged to honour one of their ‘selling points’ or offer an alternative? They have not even advised passengers of their decision!☹️

• Like 1

What a disappointment ; Not just 1 cruise but 2 cruises...We are on the B2B 11/21 & 11/30.... And to think I just booked a 21 night South America on the Pursuit for March 2, 2020 yesterday afternoon..I may just cancel and please, We don't need anymore OBC...   🤐

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Fatfish said:

What a disappointment ; Not just 1 cruise but 2 cruises...We are on the B2B 11/21 & 11/30.... And to think I just booked a 21 night South America on the Pursuit for March 2, 2020 yesterday afternoon..I may just cancel and please, We don't need anymore OBC...   🤐

We never got OBC offers due to a combination of bad timing making the booking and being from the UK, so we would be ok with more 🙂 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

We never got OBC offers due to a combination of bad timing making the booking and being from the UK, so we would be ok with more 🙂 

I'll sell you some of ours! 😂

We are disappointed that there will be no Azamazing evening on our Journey cruise, departing 21 November. Friends of ours convinced us to try Azamara and the special evening was one of their selling points. This will be our first time aboard Azamara. Makes me kind of sorry that we also booked another cruise in the spring.

I’ve just just received this response from a very senior manager...

”Hi Bonnie,

AEEs [AzAmazing Evenings] typically take over a year or more to plan logistically.  With the removal of Cuba in June, we had to adjust these itineraries, including the AEEs unfortunately.  We’re currently working on an entertaining alternative option for these sailings.  Please respond and let them know more details will be shared with all booked guests affected as soon as possible.”

3 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

”Hi Bonnie,

AEEs [AzAmazing Evenings] typically take over a year or more to plan logistically.  With the removal of Cuba in June, we had to adjust these itineraries, including the AEEs unfortunately.  We’re currently working on an entertaining alternative option for these sailings.  Please respond and let them know more details will be shared with all booked guests affected as soon as possible.”

Thanks Bonnie

The response makes us even more angry as it now leads us to understand there was never going to be Azamazing Evenings on our two cruises.  This should have been communicated to guests at the outset and at the very least the office shoukd have been able to answer the question here far quicker and not wait until after final payment befird sharing the information.  

Personally we are not interested in the concept of bringing local entertainment onboard it is a very poor substitute. Other views may differ.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

”Hi Bonnie,

Bonnie, thank you for doing all you could to establish the answer to the question posed well over a week ago and for communicating as soon as Azamara confirmed their decision to you. I am truly sorry that you will now awaken to a further tirade of anger, not of your making.

I am outraged to read the response from a 'very senior manager', confirming they knew back in June that AAEs would not be included with the revised sailings. My Travel Agent convinced me (early July 2019) to sail Azamara, over the Oceania cruise we were ready to book, specifically highlighting the fantastic AAEs that no other cruiseline offers! That was bad enough, for the TA's not to know, but then to take final payment from everyone without Azamara 'fessing up' is truly AzAmazing!

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 3

It is disappointing that there won’t be an Azamazing evening on board.  We moved our Dec 7 cruise to Azamara from The Summit and one of the reasons was that we enjoyed the azamazing evenings so much when we sailed last year that we wanted to return to Azamara.   

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

Bonnie, thank you for doing all you could to establish the answer to the question posed well over a week ago and for communicating as soon as Azamara confirmed their decision to you. I am truly sorry that you will now awaken to a further tirade of anger, not of your making.

I am outraged to read the response from a 'very senior manager', confirming they knew back in June that AAEs would not be included with the revised sailings. My Travel Agent convinced me (early July 2019) to sail Azamara, over the Oceania cruise we were ready to book, specifically highlighting the fantastic AAEs that no other cruiseline offers! That was bad enough, for the TA's not to know, but then to take final payment from everyone without Azamara 'fessing up' is truly AzAmazing!

Thankfully we are not affected by this but I really feel for those that are.

Azamara have now gone even further down in my estimation, this is a total disgrace.

Edited by Bloodaxe

1 hour ago, Jimmycruiser said:

We recently booked the Dec. 19th Panama Canal Cruise. Is this also affected with not having an Azamazing evening? I do not see one listed for this cruise.

That cruise is the first cruise leg of a Grand Voyage.

It’s not the only one without an AzAmazing Evening in their Voyage Planner - only 1 out of 4 cruises of this Grand Voyage has an AzAmazing Evening available to book in the VP as of now (the last leg.)

Bonnie diligently chased down the info for the second & third legs and was able to at least communicate to us (through this Forum and a Roll Call) the confirmation of the ports of call for it. I’m sure that she can do the same for this one too.