Favorite beach??

Loveynj

Kids? No kids? We had a great day at the Boatyard, but the water toys, pier, etc. tend to attract families. If you are looking for something quieter and with more adults try Harbor Lights or Lobster Alive.

13 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Kids? No kids? We had a great day at the Boatyard, but the water toys, pier, etc. tend to attract families. If you are looking for something quieter and with more adults try Harbor Lights or Lobster Alive.

Those beach bars are located on Carlisle Bay, south of the port, all within 200 yards of each other.  One of my favorite places on earth :)

Brandons beach is almost as nice but a lot quieter just North of the port.  Carlisle and Brandons are about the same distance from the port but I think Carlisle is easier to walk to, if that's important.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:55 PM, Loveynj said:

Cruising in April and trying to decide where to spend our day at the beach 

It appears you seek a pleasant day, away from T'erds and children. 

T'erds and children are found at all the popular beaches that are walkable or with a $5.00 taxi fare.  

Then may one suggest Rico's By The Sea.  

If you want a recommendation, the ask The Royal Westmorland Hotel, as their guests regularly frequent this bar when wanting a good beach experience.  Because of the demands of the hitel's clientele, they employ a full time Chef, not a cook.  Plus drinks prices are kept reasonable, with no short measures.  Also there is a ladies beachwear boutique.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 5:24 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

It appears you seek a pleasant day, away from T'erds and children. 

T'erds and children are found at all the popular beaches that are walkable or with a $5.00 taxi fare.  

Then may one suggest Rico's By The Sea.  

If you want a recommendation, the ask The Royal Westmoreland Hotel, as their guests regularly frequent this bar when wanting a good beach experience.  Because of the demands of the hotel's clientele, they employ a full time Chef, not a cook.  Plus drinks prices are kept reasonable, with no short measures.  Also there is a ladies beachwear boutique.

We're also seeking a pleasant day and quiet beach, away from "T'erds and children" 😯

The Royal Westmoreland Hotel - does this hotel offer day passes?

Is Rico's on the Beach a place like The Boatyard, where you walk up and pay or would we need to contact them in advance?

Thanks much for your help... truly appreciated!!

Have a wonderful week 😎

Edited by txhomeschoolmom

9 hours ago, txhomeschoolmom said:

We're also seeking a pleasant day and quiet beach, away from "T'erds and children" 😯

The Royal Westmoreland Hotel - does this hotel offer day passes?

Is Rico's on the Beach a place like The Boatyard, where you walk up and pay or would we need to contact them in advance?

Thanks much for your help... truly appreciated!!

Have a wonderful week 😎

Never heard of Royal Westmorland issuing a day pass.

Rico's only resemblance to the Boatyard is that one can just turn up, and pay as you go.  On all other aspects they a poles apart.

But it's good to talk.  Send Rico a message stating your intention visit, giving the day, and ask Rico to reserve two thick padded beds and an umbrella under the palm trees (the best spot), Rico will oblige, and they will be set up, and reserved, for your arrival.

If you wish to rent anything, say jet skis, just as Rico, and they will arrive.

Rico and his Team are discreetly attentive, to ensure you have a great day.

A new beachwear set as a souvenir from the beach Boutique?

Enjoy

15 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Never heard of Royal Westmorland issuing a day pass.

Rico's only resemblance to the Boatyard is that one can just turn up, and pay as you go.  On all other aspects they a poles apart.

But it's good to talk.  Send Rico a message stating your intention visit, giving the day, and ask Rico to reserve two thick padded beds and an umbrella under the palm trees (the best spot), Rico will oblige, and they will be set up, and reserved, for your arrival.

If you wish to rent anything, say jet skis, just as Rico, and they will arrive.

Rico and his Team are discreetly attentive, to ensure you have a great day.

A new beachwear set as a souvenir from the beach Boutique?

Enjoy

Excellent... thanks much for the info... truly appreciated!!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jagger16 said:

I’m having a hard time getting an email or contact info for either Rico’s or Brandon’s. Does anybody have any contact information for either one? Thank you.

Direct to Rico

platinumsidegeneralservices@yahoo.com

Comment from Trip Advisor

mobile 

The beach is quiet, gentle and yet abuzz with its own culture. We just love it. The beach is beautiful and sea is usually calmer than at Mullins. There are a few rocks in sea to watch out for. You also have Lone Stsr, Jujus and a Royal Fairmont Pavilion and another new fun bar. There is also a gorgeous boutique for beach attire called Starfish.

Agreed with previous reviewer - Rico gives the BEST service on the beach and no doubt the Island. His umbrellas and beds are excellent quality and exceed all others, and lovingly cared for. The mattresses are thick, cleaned, hygienic and the colour is blue, contrasting the white from the Royal Fairmont Pavilion. The point to make is Rico’s consummate professionalism and swift response to requests from his clients. He very quickly gains your absolute confidence. Rico also provides refreshments and superb home made cooking Bajan lunches made by his Mum, Sonia. What a gracious and wonderful lady! Every morning we WhatsApp the order and the prices give you good value. Really what more could you want? We were so impressed we asked Rico and Sonia to provide a Bajan feast for my birthday celebration hosted at our friends’ cottage and it was DELICIOUS and again very professionally done. Certainly the highlight of our wonderful holiday.

Date of experience: January 2019

Ask RiojaRebecca about Alleynes Bay

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Trip Advisor

2 hours ago, jagger16 said:

I’m having a hard time getting an email or contact info for either Rico’s or Brandon’s. Does anybody have any contact information for either one? Thank you.

For Brandon's read Rascals

My previous post on another thread

Always best to book in advance.  

Contact them on Facebook to answer all your questions.

https://m.facebook.com/RascalsBarbados/

Please do not make the 35/40 minute walk, give something back to the Island, and exit the port and take a taxi.  Forget the minimbuuses inside the port.  Fare only $5.00 pp and driver will be happy to take you back at your required time.  Tips are greatfully appreciated.

36 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

Can you just show up at Rascals without a reservation?  Is this area of Brandon's Beach public?

Maybe things have changed in the 8 months since we were there but we stayed on that beach for 3 days and never saw a big crowd at Rascals.  But then, that's part of the attraction.

I believe any/every area of Brandon's beach is public.  Same goes for the rest of Barbados and most/all of the Caribbean.  I'm not sure how all that works in reality.  It seems some of the Carlisle beach clubs claim an awfully large area as theirs.  I've never had a problem walking through but haven't tried to throw a towel down either.

44 minutes ago, Mullwi said:

Will the beaches be super crowded with 4 ships in port 🙁. Thanks. 

Carlisle will be crowded but if you leave as soon as you can get off the ship you should be ok.  And if you don't need a beach chair and bar service there is plenty of beach space south of the last beach bar where you could throw down a towel.  

8 hours ago, Mullwi said:

Will the beaches be super crowded with 4 ships in port 🙁. Thanks. 

Yes.

But not at Rico's, still it's good to book, if only out of courtesy.

If considering Rascals, then book your beds in advance to save any disappointment.

By advance booking you'll know your places are reserved, no mattter what time you get off the ship, or how many vessels are in port.

16 hours ago, jagger16 said:

Thank you, Port Royal. We have made contact with Rico and have a reservation. He was quick to respond and very kind.

How did you reach Rico's.  Do you have their internet address? I don't do facebook. What did your reservation entailed (price, lounges)?  Is this part of Rascals? Thanks for the info.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:39 PM, CarolRoy said:

How did you reach Rico's.  Do you have their internet address? I don't do facebook. What did your reservation entailed (price, lounges)?  Is this part of Rascals? Thanks for the info.

Look at Post #11 for Rico’s email. He responded pretty quickly to my email sent to that address. I don’t know the cost. I don’t think it’s part of Rascals.

5 hours ago, jagger16 said:

Look at Post #11 for Rico’s email. He responded pretty quickly to my email sent to that address. I don’t know the cost. I don’t think it’s part of Rascals.

For two thick padded beds and a large quality umberella US$25.00

Small tips for beach service/attendants are greatly appreciated.

Rico's is definitely not part of  Rascals.  

Rico's is a totally legitimate business, holding all the Government licences and permits, and because of this, plus the quality of service/experience delivered, Rico's has a great association with the Royal Westmorland Group, being their only beach destination recommendation to guests.

17 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Rico's is definitely not part of  Rascals.  

Rico's is a totally legitimate business, holding all the Government licences and permits, and because of this, plus the quality of service/experience delivered, Rico's has a great association with the Royal Westmorland Group, being their only beach destination recommendation to guests.

Are Rico's & Rascals in the same area?

6 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

Are Rico's & Rascals in the same area?

Thankfully no.  

Rico's is about another 20/25 minutes by car further north.

Rico's distance from the port does not encourage a T'erd infestation.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive

On 8/17/2019 at 5:55 PM, Loveynj said:

Cruising in April and trying to decide where to spend our day at the beach 

We’ve enjoyed our cab ride to the Boatyard beach bar. For a fee you get chairs and umbrellas and one drink and boat ride to snorkeling with sea turtles and ship wreck. Great place. Crew from ship usually go there. Happy hour. We’ve enjoyed our own snorkeling gear for 25 years. Great place.