Future of the Pacific Ocean????

3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Re usable stainless steels straws have been trialled, but cleaning was a concern , and they proved very expensive as they quickly became a “collectors item “  ...

they were nicked.🤭

I wasn't aware that any cruise ships had tried reusable straws what an interesting fact😊. However my comment was referring to those people who are buying bags of single use plastic straws. I thought that could be a solution to their problem. 

8 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

You can get soft silicone straws or even reusable plastic straws. For the real hippy types there is bamboo straws and in Vietnam some locals are making straws out of some water reed.

LOL,on that last one,make sure they're clear of leaches and other undesirables.

It isn, t just Asia.We live a 5 min walk to IMO one of Europes best beaches.The local Italians dump plastic bottles,bags and cups everywhere.This month the "sophisticated" Northern Italians descend on our shores and it's bloody worse.I remember the UK being like this 50 years ago before all the campaigns and education.Don't get me talking about dog poo,lol.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:31 PM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Re usable stainless steels straws have been trialled, but cleaning was a concern , and they proved very expensive as they quickly became a “collectors item “  ...

they were nicked.🤭

A woman in England was killed when she tripped and the stainless steel straw penetrated her eye socket and reached the brain! The coroner said "metal straws should be used with caution."