NCL Free Airfare

traveline

13 hours ago, Alatraveler1 said:

I would love to know what you and newmexicoNita were doing, or what your relationship to NCL wast, to get NCL to budge on your flight times.  They told me, quite rudely in fact, that it was what it was and there would be no changes.  And i was very nice and non-confrontational to them when i called.

At 75 days out we were notified of our flights.  Our return flight was horrible.  Even though we have a PCC with NCL I called the air department myself.  I did wait for 45 minutes before connecting with a very nice representative. I politely explained to her our problem and she gave us the perfect flights I had researched without even asking her for them.  It took about 2 weeks for the change to be reflected in our edocs.  At 48 days out the reservation was actually ticketed and we were able to make a minor seat change through the airline's website even though our original seat assignments were fine. 

I'm wondering if you are trying to make a change after NCL has already paid the airline.  Since the reservation is really only on "hold" with the airline until they receive payment perhaps that is why were we able to change because we were in that "window" between original notification at 75 days and final ticketing at 48 days. 

I have often heard that when dealing with "customer service" for any business, if you don't like the answer you receive the first time, call back and speak to someone else.  You may get a different answer from a different representative. It's worth a try.

Good luck.  I know we would have been miserable had we been stuck with our original itinerary. 

Just another suggestion.  Our flights to and from Alaska were on two different airlines neither of which we had flown before.  We set up "frequent flyer" accounts in advance with both so are Known Traveler numbers would be on file.  As a result we had TSA Pre Check at all airports which saved lots of time and hassle. 

• Like 1

Not exactly on topic but I will say i was very happy with booking the airfare with NCL... not because of the flights (they were fine) but due to Hurricane Dorian we left from PC but came back to New Orleans. NCL took care of the new flight arraignments and we got home just in time for Dorian to hit the island we live on! But thankfully no real damage and we had time to get everything put up in the yard.

So even though it can be a bit of a hassle dealing with NCL air the great part is they do take care of you if something happens!

On 9/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, farjar said:

At 75 days out we were notified of our flights.  Our return flight was horrible.  Even though we have a PCC with NCL I called the air department myself.  I did wait for 45 minutes before connecting with a very nice representative. I politely explained to her our problem and she gave us the perfect flights I had researched without even asking her for them.  It took about 2 weeks for the change to be reflected in our edocs.  At 48 days out the reservation was actually ticketed and we were able to make a minor seat change through the airline's website even though our original seat assignments were fine. 

I'm wondering if you are trying to make a change after NCL has already paid the airline.  Since the reservation is really only on "hold" with the airline until they receive payment perhaps that is why were we able to change because we were in that "window" between original notification at 75 days and final ticketing at 48 days. 

I have often heard that when dealing with "customer service" for any business, if you don't like the answer you receive the first time, call back and speak to someone else.  You may get a different answer from a different representative. It's worth a try.

Good luck.  I know we would have been miserable had we been stuck with our original itinerary. 

How did NCL notify you of the flights?  I don't want to miss the communication.  We are 58 days out and we were told we wouldn't have flights until 30-45 days out.

12 minutes ago, simpson168 said:

How did NCL notify you of the flights?  I don't want to miss the communication.  We are 58 days out and we were told we wouldn't have flights until 30-45 days out.

I received an email to the account associated with my NCL cruise. You can also keep checking your edocs and look for the "Air Itinerary Confirmation" section. (Mine was on page 4).

On 9/13/2019 at 1:12 PM, farjar said:

I received an email to the account associated with my NCL cruise. You can also keep checking your edocs and look for the "Air Itinerary Confirmation" section. (Mine was on page 4).

Thanks. We are at 56 days and still don't have any flight information. I will keep waiting😐

How many days out did you receive your flights or edocs?? Just curious if this was the norm because we are under 45 days and haven’t received either? Of course I have called and they have assured me not to worry that it would be soon but I just wanted to see how it went for others. Thanks!

We had airfare through NCL.  We were notified of our flights at 30 days out. We are flying nonstop from Boston to LA on United, which is fantastic.  Our flight home from Miami is also United but we are being bused to Fort Lauderdale airport (for which we had to pay $16 pp) and stopping in Newark with a 1 1/2 hour layover and then flying to Boston. There are no luggage allowances so it's $30 each for the first bags and $40 for the second each way. By the time we got the flights, seating was pretty limited so we ended up with seats in the back of the plane for all flights.  We could upgrade to a better location - $30 ea or more leg room for $120 ea again for each of 3 flights.  All in all, it's not bad but we will not do cruise air again.  I am a great shopper and I could have gotten good nonstop flights with good seats and baggage for the same cost with all the upcharges.  

• Like 2

I’m not super concerned about the seating or even layovers but dang, you had a luggage fee? What airline were you booked through? Were your flights about the same as your “placeholders” that they orignally put on? Sorry I just saw that you said United. But still wondering if you noticed if your flight was the same as the orginal placeholders? Our placeholders are not great lol. 

Edited by CCKenney

If I chose NCL's free airfare, I would definitely  pay the $25pp charge and come in the day before.  My relatives had a 6:15am non stop flight  to Miami today on American Airlines landing at 9:30am.  A baggage truck hit the plane and the flight was delayed until 9:30am, now landing at 12:15pm.  Still enough time to get to the ship but starting out my trip with all that stress is just not worth it to me.  I took the $50 shore excursion option. 

13 minutes ago, CCKenney said:

I’m not super concerned about the seating or even layovers but dang, you had a luggage fee? What airline were you booked through? Were your flights about the same as your “placeholders” that they orignally put on? Sorry I just saw that you said United. But still wondering if you noticed if your flight was the same as the orginal placeholders? Our placeholders are not great lol. 

The only domestic airline that has free checked luggage for economy seats is southwest and NCL does not book with them. So any of the options you get would have checked luggage fees. 

2 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

The only domestic airline that has free checked luggage for economy seats is southwest and NCL does not book with them. So any of the options you get would have checked luggage fees. 

We usually try to travel carry on and personal item only so I am ok with that, but good to know!!! Last time I checked a bag I ended up bringing a whole bunch of extra stuff that I didnt’t even really need or use, but who knows, once I get to packing I may want to do that again 😆

Today we are at 60 days......waiting for airfare info.  I called the Premium Air the other day and asked about it.  They told me at 50 days, they will call the airlines and negotiate our tickets.  WHAT?????? When I told them that I was told that I would get the info at 60 days....they said "Who told you that?"   Guess, I'm still waiting !!!!  I've been following this topic for months....doesn't appear that the info will be available even at 50 days.!!

Edited by snow1

48 minutes ago, snow1 said:

Today we are at 60 days......waiting for airfare info.  I called the Premium Air the other day and asked about it.  They told me at 50 days, they will call the airlines and negotiate our tickets.  WHAT?????? When I told them that I was told that I would get the info at 60 days....they said "Who told you that?"   Guess, I'm still waiting !!!!  I've been following this topic for months....doesn't appear that the info will be available even at 50 days.!!

We are at 44 days and nothing. The last time I called they said “40 days but if you don’t have anything at 30 days call us back”. We shall see. I check everyday 3 times a day or more. We have planning to do lol

2 hours ago, CCKenney said:

How many days out did you receive your flights or edocs??

I'm at 42 days today (Sunday, Sept. 15), got my flights on Wed. (Sept 11), 46 days before the trip.  I got my email notification on Thursday but one of the people I'm traveling with got the email on Wed. AM.

but dang, you had a luggage fee?

As noted - NCL pays for the seat, additional fess for upgrades or baggage is your responsibility.  I believe that's in the terms on the site.

But still wondering if you noticed if your flight was the same as the orginal placeholders?

In my case no.  My original placeholders had me flying out from my home airport through DTW (unless we're going to a hub city we can't go ANYWHERE without a layover/plane change) with the other reservation with the same last name and origination airport going through ATL.  A few days before the flights were officially booked I noticed my placeholders changed to have me going through ATL, and the final flights have me with the others I'm taking the cruise with.

49 minutes ago, CCKenney said:

We are at 44 days and nothing. The last time I called they said “40 days but if you don’t have anything at 30 days call us back”. We shall see. I check everyday 3 times a day or more. We have planning to do lol

So do I......!!!!!!  One day, I hope to be surprised !!

Just want to be able to upgrade to Economy Plus with more legroom for our 5 hour flight from SFO to HNL

3 hours ago, hallux said:

I'm at 42 days today (Sunday, Sept. 15), got my flights on Wed. (Sept 11), 46 days before the trip.  I got my email notification on Thursday but one of the people I'm traveling with got the email on Wed. AM.

As noted - NCL pays for the seat, additional fess for upgrades or baggage is your responsibility.  I believe that's in the terms on the site.

In my case no.  My original placeholders had me flying out from my home airport through DTW (unless we're going to a hub city we can't go ANYWHERE without a layover/plane change) with the other reservation with the same last name and origination airport going through ATL.  A few days before the flights were officially booked I noticed my placeholders changed to have me going through ATL, and the final flights have me with the others I'm taking the cruise with.

Thats ironic, my placeholders are also ATL and DTW. We are in Ohio. What did your flights end up being? Were they reasonable? 

45 minutes ago, CCKenney said:

Thats ironic, my placeholders are also ATL and DTW. We are in Ohio. What did your flights end up being? Were they reasonable? 

"Reasonable"?  Not really.  Expected?  Yes.

6AM out of my home airport, hour layover in ATL.  Red-eye coming home, which there wasn't really much of a choice if I look at the available flights on NCL's usual airlines.

• Like 1

We took the 'Free" airfare for our 11 Day Panama Canal cruise departing from Miami on November 11, 2019.  Today is 57 days out.  Since our booking, on our Vacation Summary page, on the far left beneath the 'Air', it has shown BOS-NYC then NYC-MIA.  I paid for the air deviation for us and we will fly into MIA a day early for our cruise. 

About 10 days ago, there was an addition that is listed showing BOS-MIA and MIA-BOS. The other flight options are still showing as well.  Does that mean that possibly a direct flight is now being booked?  That would be wonderful but I am not concerned if we end up with the connection.

I am also unable to sign in and look at or print my eDocs.  I had been able to do so before but for the last week it comes up with ….

"The reservation is not yet READY to be retrieved. Try again"

Will that change once the airfare is bought and paid for by NCL?

Thanks for any insight.  

Judy

Edited by San10s

I've read thru all the messages but am still wondering how people are placed on the flights.  4 of us booked together on a call to NCL, and then 2 other booked later on.  Will the 4 of us be on the same flight(s), or at least will each couple be on the same flight?  Or is there a chance that we could all be on different flights?  Thanks for any info on this.

2 hours ago, kapcruiser said:

We first had 2 place holders - one connecting flight and one direct flight. 

Now today, 41 days out we have a change in place holders - 2 connecting flights. Still hoping for 2 direct flights!! 

Fingers crossed!!! At least that means they Are working on it if things are changing! Hopefully you know soon!! 😁

3 hours ago, IndyGal65 said:

I've read thru all the messages but am still wondering how people are placed on the flights.  4 of us booked together on a call to NCL, and then 2 other booked later on.  Will the 4 of us be on the same flight(s), or at least will each couple be on the same flight?  Or is there a chance that we could all be on different flights?  Thanks for any info on this.

It seems the only guarantee is everyone in the same cabin will be on the same flight. If more than one cabin, from what I've seen it's a toss up on whether you're on the same flights or not