SYD airport best way to get to the hotel?

Agree, I'd be walking it too. But given the distance there would be no point taking the train so if you want a transport option, taxi would be the go.

Not sure when you're thinking of coming, but if the light rail is operating then, that would also be an option.

37 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Agree, I'd be walking it too. But given the distance there would be no point taking the train so if you want a transport option, taxi would be the go.

Not sure when you're thinking of coming, but if the light rail is operating then, that would also be an option.

Coming early Jan.  When will the light rail be finished and will it run from Town Hall to CQ? Thanks

2 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

Coming early Jan.  When will the light rail be finished and will it run from Town Hall to CQ? Thanks

I think it is meant to open in December and yes it will run past the Town Hall to Circular Quay. There will be a stop at the Town Hall or close by.  Any Sydneysiders able to  confirm this?

Leigh

There's a stop at Town Hall right in the centre of things and it's much more convenient/accessible than a train with luggage. But coming from Darling Harbour the better stop is on Market St at the end of the QVB. Quicker and an easier walk from Darling Harbour and smooth run to Circular Quay.

11 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

There's a stop at Town Hall right in the centre of things and it's much more convenient/accessible than a train with luggage. But coming from Darling Harbour the better stop is on Market St at the end of the QVB. Quicker and an easier walk from Darling Harbour and smooth run to Circular Quay.

The poster said they were staying at the Park Royal which is in Day Street, so the Town Hall stop would be the closest wouldn't it?

Leigh

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The tram runs nearly all the way down George st, it was looking good last weekend, it cannot be too far away from opening as all the fencing was down.

One passed me on Saturday, at fist I thought they must have started operating, but just a trial run. It was right outside QVB.

9 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

One passed me on Saturday, at fist I thought they must have started operating, but just a trial run. It was right outside QVB.

I was there on Saturday, and I didn't see you. Why didn't you tell me, we could have got a pie?

12 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

They're doing driver training at the moment; usually one through every 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

The poster said they were staying at the Park Royal which is in Day Street, so the Town Hall stop would be the closest wouldn't it?

Leigh

Yes, if staying there, it's straight up Druitt St and Town Hall light rail station is closest.

I was thinking of the other hotels on Darling Harbour where you cross the Pyrmont Bridge and go up Market St.

37 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Yes, if staying there, it's straight up Druitt St and Town Hall light rail station is closest.

I was thinking of the other hotels on Darling Harbour where you cross the Pyrmont Bridge and go up Market St.

That is what I thought would be the case as well.