Photo extense review - QM2 8/11-8/18/2019

steamboats

I just started my photo extense review of our crossing on the QM2 August 11th - 18th, 2019. The text is in German but no need for translation (you can try google translate anyway). I start out with a deck by deck ship description (except restaurants, bars and lounges - which will get a separate entry) in two parts. Part 1 is online, the other parts will follow - one each day. Enjoy!

steamboats

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much steamboat- great pictures- great review- looking at all them pictures- I - again- remembered why QM2 is such a unique, wonderful ship!

You went fare and beyond to get all those pictures- all those different angels- just perfect!

Can´t wait to go back on board next April for a back to back Soto- NY- Soto!

• Like 1

Hello Steamboats,

Thank you so very much for sharing. I'm truly blown away by your work and that of Franz. Just so fantastic. Your photography skills are incredibly impressive, and you've captured so many great views of the ship that haven't been captured before, or haven't been captured in quite this way. So thoughtful and captivating. Not to mention extensive!

I especially enjoyed the link to the 'Food Tour of Chinatown'. Wonderful! Every so often I take friends on my own version of a culinary tour of the Lower East Side. Your tour and my tour have a few sites in common. How fun. I'll definitely incorporate your suggestions in the next version of 'Steve's Most Excellent LES Food Adventure!' And of course, I'll share the credit.

I'm enjoying looking through your website and your other wonderful postings.

Cheers!

Steve

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 3:01 AM, steamboats said:

Thanks to all of you! Part 3 just went online and is covering all restaurants.

steamboats

Steamboats,

Thank you for the memories thru your pictures.

Each pixs is like a stroll thru the ship on a past and future sailing on the QM2. It makes us look forward more to the next sailing we have booked.

• Like 1

@steve1young Thanks a lot, Steve!

We stayed in a hotel in Lower East Side for one night after the crossing and had lunch at Jing Fong plus some ice cream from the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory. We both love to experience new things especially regarding food. Our other major research project this time was the General Slocum so we visited those sites and especially the memorial at the cemetary in Queens. Photos will follow later in my review.

Today´s entry is featuring a lot of text about extra costs onboard. But there are still some photos.

steamboats

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, steamboats said:

@steve1young Thanks a lot, Steve!

We stayed in a hotel in Lower East Side for one night after the crossing and had lunch at Jing Fong plus some ice cream from the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory. We both love to experience new things especially regarding food. Our other major research project this time was the General Slocum so we visited those sites and especially the memorial at the cemetary in Queens. Photos will follow later in my review.

Today´s entry is featuring a lot of text about extra costs onboard. But there are still some photos.

steamboats

Sounds like a good trip and experiences.

Living in NYC, we use to go to Wong Fats in Chinatown during our younger days. It is on the west side and the wives of Wong Fats workers had their restaurants on the east side in the Bowery. Should get back there to enjoy some good olde chinese food. Never heard of Chinatown Ice Cream Factory. Have to give it a try. Especially if they have good Green Tea Ice Cream.

We have so many Chinatowns in NYC with ethic changes in the city. NYC lower Manhattan the original, Queens in Flushing on Main Street and several in Brooklyn. Sunset Park, Sheephead Bay and Bensonhurst to name a few. A lot of places to get authentic chinese products for amateur cooks. But we should return to the original in Manhattan. 

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 1

Today the "diary" starts with day 1 embarktion and 3 Queens in Southampton. This and the following entries (until day 9 as we spent one night in NYC) will have more text. I won´t post a link to each day but of course you can still follow if you like to.

steamboats

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 2:34 PM, steamboats said:

I just started my photo extense review of our crossing on the QM2 August 11th - 18th, 2019. The text is in German but no need for translation (you can try google translate anyway). I start out with a deck by deck ship description (except restaurants, bars and lounges - which will get a separate entry) in two parts. Part 1 is online, the other parts will follow - one each day. Enjoy!

steamboats

Thank you for taking the time to do this.  It is especially valuable for those sailing on the QM2 for the first time (as I will be doing next July).  Your photos are wonderful and my anticipation has increased for my first sailing.

• Like 2