Whittier Alaska Embarkation Day (Coral)

So_Tweetie

I've just posted a vlog of my Coral Princess embarkation day in Whittier, Alaska. This was the beginning of a 7-day Southbound voyage of the glaciers that I booked on a crazy Drop & Go sale ($298, solo). The embarkation process at this port is very different from all the other cruises I've been on. 

I enjoyed the new song Princess has for the muster drill and was SO HAPPY to find out that they upgraded from the pay per-minute internet to offering a three-tiered package. I think the internet pricing might be a transitional thing that will phase out when ships are upgraded to Medallion, I would like to know what the pricing looks like on Medallion ships if anyone can share! 

• Like 3

An excellent start to your video blog!  Thank you!

I have had many embarkations in the past, but I agree with you, the one in Whittier was as simple and stress free as any that I had had.

I really enjoyed Coral Princess, my first cruise on her.  She has her "quirks" as to the way she was built, but once one learns their way around, she is a fine vessel as well as her crew and their service,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

I've just posted a vlog of my Coral Princess embarkation day in Whittier, Alaska. This was the beginning of a 7-day Southbound voyage of the glaciers that I booked on a crazy Drop & Go sale ($298, solo). The embarkation process at this port is very different from all the other cruises I've been on. 

I enjoyed the new song Princess has for the muster drill and was SO HAPPY to find out that they upgraded from the pay per-minute internet to offering a three-tiered package. I think the internet pricing might be a transitional thing that will phase out when ships are upgraded to Medallion, I would like to know what the pricing looks like on Medallion ships if anyone can share! 

I work at the port and probably saw you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Enjoyed your first video and looking forward to seeing more.  We will be on the Coral B2B to Alaska next May.

Thank you and how exciting, a B2B will be amazing! 

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

An excellent start to your video blog!  Thank you!

I have had many embarkations in the past, but I agree with you, the one in Whittier was as simple and stress free as any that I had had.

I really enjoyed Coral Princess, my first cruise on her.  She has her "quirks" as to the way she was built, but once one learns their way around, she is a fine vessel as well as her crew and their service,

So true - the ship, crew and service were all great both times I cruised on Coral. I really like the Universe Lounge, it's a beautiful theater space with the best seating. 

12 hours ago, pamwigs said:

I work at the port and probably saw you. 

Awesome! Can you tell me if there are ever boarding delays there? It was such a fast process getting through security and I can't remember seeing any seating. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

It was such a fast process getting through security and I can't remember seeing any seating. 

For me, there were no delays in check-in and a minute or two wait for security.  I saw no seating for any delay at security, but I did see folding chairs available in a large area within the terminal before check-in.

• Like 1