Princess Cruise Card Colors

wrl001

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Another option is to just use the holder which is about 25% smaller than a cruise card...or like you to keep the lanyard attached to be more difficult to lose.  We removed the blue insert & decided to not buy one for $3 in our Captain’s Circle level.

image.jpg

Thanks Frank..........that will work. Sometimes in the evenings I attach it to my belt loop and put it in my pocket that way I really won't lose it.  😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thanks Frank..........that will work. Sometimes in the evenings I attach it to my belt loop and put it in my pocket that way I really won't lose it.  😎

You’re welcome Keith...good idea.

I’m less likely to lose it than a cruise card & won’t miss the paper coffee card either.  Too often it got attached to my cruise card in my pocket & it was easier to lose all of my specialty punches when unknowingly dropping it.  Wish there was a way to track specialty coffees without having to ask the barista or keeping a tally of our usage.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Ok that will work. I just like having something attached to it so I can roll up the lanyard and put it in my pocket. If it is bigger its harder for me to leave somewhere.

Hi Colo Cruiser,

I like to keep my Medallion in my pocket all the time. I came up with this. (See  Photos) 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

FF8ABFA0-89C0-4CE6-8CD6-125517907F9C.jpeg

096F65A8-B8FB-4F4D-93EC-DCB3582B6BEF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Colo Cruiser,

I like to keep my Medallion in my pocket all the time. I came up with this. (See  Photos) 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

FF8ABFA0-89C0-4CE6-8CD6-125517907F9C.jpeg

096F65A8-B8FB-4F4D-93EC-DCB3582B6BEF.jpeg

Is that a Princess Business Card Case? Where did you get that? I love using business card cases as a wallet?

9 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Is that a Princess Business Card Case? Where did you get that? I love using business card cases as a wallet?

Hi CruiseVA,

When you stay in a suite Princess gives you two.  I always kept my cruise card in it. Now if Someone from Princess  sees this they will probably start  selling them  😳. So don’t tell everyone 🤫

Tony

On 8/28/2019 at 4:21 AM, majortom10 said:

Currently on Crown and if you want matching colour card to match your medallion i.e. Elite then you have to pay 3 dollars once onboard. As standard they are all blue with coloured medallion.

That was not the case last month on the CB; the card in the Medallion plastic case was black (or gray or maroon or gold).  Perhaps that's just on the Crown

23 hours ago, mek said:

Well fortunately it's not on my next cruise, (Grand.)  Why do you have to take it out to get off and on the ship?  I thought it worked like my cars key fob where I don't have to take it out of my purse to unlock the door.  

If you're lucky . . . it doesn't work nearly as well as a car key fob.  If it was in my pocket, or even the outside pocket of my beach bag, I still had to remove it to hold it up to the screen on the wall before it would unlock the door.  I think it read it in my pocket one time (like enough to show that it worked), but the rest of the time, it was no more hands-free than a cruise card.  And it takes longer, of course, for the screen to read it than the old key cards took to unlock, so you have to stand there and wait a moment.  Such a silly waste of money that could have gone to real actual upgrades of the cruise experience. 

I would imagine that they have pax put their OM on the reader when you exit and return to the ship to get a positive reading rather than relying on proximity reading.  It is vitally important to have an accurate list of who is on the ship and who/when they left.  

7 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I would imagine that they have pax put their OM on the reader when you exit and return to the ship to get a positive reading rather than relying on proximity reading.  It is vitally important to have an accurate list of who is on the ship and who/when they left.  

If they could incorporate the reader into the walk through scanner it could certainly be more accurate & faster than relying on each individual to place their Medallion on a reader. 

I was on the Royal earlier this year doing the Mexico Riviera. I did buy the silicone band to wear around my wrist because some of my clothes don't have pockets. Also I like to do Zumba and when I had the lanyard on it was always falling on my face when I was bending over. So the wristband just made more sense. Super easy to wear and not having to worry about where it was or losing it. Besides, I can just use the same band the next time I go on. I got a pink one and my hubby got black. I think they were $12.00?