Christmas on Sky

Duffysmom

We’ve never cruised the Caribbean at Christmas and since we need to distress after difficult health issues I’m wondering if there are a ship load of children running amuck.

I remember some threads discussing the pros and cons of holiday cruising but with this new format I can’t find the information I need.  Thanks

In years gone by we have done a 12 day and a 14 day  Christmas cruise that partly due to the length had few children and no issues. 

We were on the Sky's sister ship, the Royal Princess the first week on Jan. this year.  There were just over 200 children that week, mostly under 7 years old.  We were told there had been over 800 the prior week for New Years - I would expect the previous week (Christmas sailing would have been similar.   We had no problem with all the young ones in Jan.   With more older kids doing their own thing at Christmas, there is more of a chance some of them becoming an issue.

We were on a Caribbean cruise with Princess over Xmas several years ago. There were over 600 passengers under the age of 18.

Although each cruise can be different, on our cruise we hardly ever saw any of the kids. And the ones we did see were mostly at dinner with their parents. So on our Xmas cruise, the large number of kids was not a problem at all.

We did a Christmas cruise a few years ago on the Regal. I remember the Captain making an announcement the first day saying the ship was sailing full and that it is the responsibility of each parent to manage their children. We had absolutely no problem with kids running around.  Saw many at the pool area (to be expected) but no goofing around, rowdiness, etc. We thoroughly enjoyed that cruise and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. BTW, it was my husband and I cruising, no kids with us. Enjoy the cruise!