Back from EDGE 30th and some answers

Presto2

7 hours ago, Sascol said:

“5 : The sturdy metal table we had in our SV was good enough to be a footstool so no worries there!”

Except for for the next set of passengers that would use the table for food and beverages. Gross. 

You’re kidding right ?    Not to be crude, but if you know people had done the dirty deed in the bed in your cabin, would you sleep in it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2019 at 9:44 AM, Presto2 said:

We had 11270 - it is one that can be part of a suite so we shared a corridor with 11268. We couldn't hear a thing from the Sunset Bar or Buffet outdoor area and that was just above us so really don't think you'll have an issue with deck 7 middle. No speakers I don't think - ha ha. We couldn't hear a thing from EDEN but we were 4 decks up.

This may be a dumb obvious question, but why would they make connecting rooms from 2 different classes? Your room Presto, looks like it would make an awesome suite for 2 couples traveling together, and I noticed that elsewhere on the ship there are Sky Suites with connecting inside cabins, looks like it would be good for a family, but you would be in different classes.??

15 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

This may be a dumb obvious question, but why would they make connecting rooms from 2 different classes? Your room Presto, looks like it would make an awesome suite for 2 couples traveling together, and I noticed that elsewhere on the ship there are Sky Suites with connecting inside cabins, looks like it would be good for a family, but you would be in different classes.??

This from the Edge FAQs "61. HALF OUR PARTY IS IN A SUITE, THE REST IS CONNECTED TO OUR NON-SUITE STATEROOM. • Any non-suite connecting to a suite will receive access to The Retreat, but with no other suite amenities including butler service"

I think that includes Luminae since it is called Luminae at the Retreat. I can't imagine that they would make people eat in separate dining venues, but maybe that is the way it works.

Edited by vtcruising

2 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

You’re kidding right ?    Not to be crude, but if you know people had done the dirty deed in the bed in your cabin, would you sleep in it ?

Of course. Just rude to put feet where people may eat. Trust me, because of things like this we wipe EVERYTHING in the cabin down as soon as we get in. What pushed us to start doing that?  The thread we read about the people that used their suitcase for their clean clothes and used the cabin drawers for their dirty clothes.  

22 hours ago, vtcruising said:

We had a similar experience in the aft S1 on the Edge - hardly noticeable. We have sailed in the aft many, many times and it is one of the downsides that we have learned to deal with in order to have larger balconies and a wake view. It was nothing compared to some of the RCI ships' aft balconies.

How's your post-Edge withdrawal? I feel your pain. 🙁

Back at work now and am spinning on the spot ……. have changed the password on my pc so that it has the words Edge and Mr in there somewhere to keep the memories fresh.  ;-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Presto, did you go to any specialty restaurants besides LPC? 

We will be on Edge Valentines week, and purposefully booked the least expensive cabin we felt comfortable in, in order to try as many of restaurants as possible.

With some kind input from Vtcruising, we booked Fine Cut for our actual Valentines dinner, but I’m having buyer’s remorse as I hear more and more people comment on the noise.

I don’t have reliable internet until Wednesday, so please feel free to answer in your review if that was your original plan. Glad you had a good cruise,

Re FCS - we told them it was our 25th when we boarded and asked if we could have a table either outside (you wouldn't want one) or one as near to the windows by the deck area as you can. They did exactly that for us and though there was noise in the atrium area it was great. Lovely atmosphere and we had a great evening even though the martini bar was rocking !!!

20 hours ago, cangelmd said:

The cabin next to us was a sky suite, ours was classed as a SV cabin for 2 people. The corridor means that they connect. VTcruiser has had this cabin with family. Great cabin to have for 2 couples travelling together !!!!

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Re FCS - we told them it was our 25th when we boarded and asked if we could have a table either outside (you wouldn't want one) or one as near to the windows by the deck area as you can. They did exactly that for us and though there was noise in the atrium area it was great. Lovely atmosphere and we had a great evening even though the martini bar was rocking !!!

VT also suggested an early reservation, before things really got rolling in the Martini Bar, so we are trying that. It being Valentines Day, I’m sure everyone will be having a special meal,

23 hours ago, vtcruising said:

This from the Edge FAQs "61. HALF OUR PARTY IS IN A SUITE, THE REST IS CONNECTED TO OUR NON-SUITE STATEROOM. • Any non-suite connecting to a suite will receive access to The Retreat, but with no other suite amenities including butler service"

I think that includes Luminae since it is called Luminae at the Retreat. I can't imagine that they would make people eat in separate dining venues, but maybe that is the way it works.

?probably? Doesn’t make much sense to connect a suite if your party doesn’t get to Have dinner together.

2 hours ago, cangelmd said:

?probably? Doesn’t make much sense to connect a suite if your party doesn’t get to Have dinner together.

I did a little more research and it said that on the Edge only do the connected cabin guests get access to the Retreat (except for children in adjoining cabins on other X ships). I’ll try to find that quote again.

Edited by vtcruising

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I did a little more research and it said that on the Edge only do the connected cabin guests get access to the Retreat (except for children in adjoining cabins on other X ships). I’ll try to find that quote again.

63. WILL THIS EXTENDED AMENITY OF SUITES TO CONNECTED NON-SUITE ROOMS BE AVAILABLE FLEET WIDE OR ONLY ON EDGE? • Only available on Edge

25 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I thought you had shown a photo similar to this balcony. Have I dreamt it ?? Ha ha

We have stayed in an S1 corner aft and shared the connecting hallway with the SV next door so had some pictures. I also had a cabin crawl where I visited an SV so had pictures of that cabin. Maybe that's where it came from? I would love to have a family cruise and have those cabins, but won't be happening for a few years. Presto, You are doing well remembering anything after your amazing cruise! 🙂

15 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We have stayed in an S1 corner aft and shared the connecting hallway with the SV next door so had some pictures. I also had a cabin crawl where I visited an SV so had pictures of that cabin. Maybe that's where it came from? I would love to have a family cruise and have those cabins, but won't be happening for a few years. Presto, You are doing well remembering anything after your amazing cruise! 🙂

Ah, that's where I have got mixed up ! Once our photos are downloaded I will post photos of our balcony - it was amazing and not the largest SV balcony at all. It was just perfect.

Still can't believe how much we loved the ship to be honest - we went with so many concerns and we really should not have worried at all !!!!!

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Ah, that's where I have got mixed up ! Once our photos are downloaded I will post photos of our balcony - it was amazing and not the largest SV balcony at all. It was just perfect.

Still can't believe how much we loved the ship to be honest - we went with so many concerns and we really should not have worried at all !!!!!

So happy that you were able to switch to an SV and that you had a great cruise and anniversary! We have a big one coming up - I'm hoping to celebrate it on the Beyond Inaugural - maybe a dream, but hope the stars align.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

So happy that you were able to switch to an SV and that you had a great cruise and anniversary! We have a big one coming up - I'm hoping to celebrate it on the Beyond Inaugural - maybe a dream, but hope the stars align.

You can start the 'Beyond's Blocks are in the House' thread then ;-)

• Like 2

At least you went on the cruise.  Some folks cancelled their cruise on Edge because of hearsay.  😎

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Texed said:

At least you went on the cruise.  Some folks cancelled their cruise on Edge because of hearsay.  😎

We always do our homework and have our CC friends to thank that we were kept well informed and made the right choice re any changes. I suppose we did sort of cancel a cabin and moved to another, but it was an informed choice and the best decision  we could have ever made for this cruise :-)

We always do our homework and have our CC friends to thank that we were kept well informed and made the right choice re any changes. I suppose we did sort of cancel a cabin and moved to another, but it was an informed choice and the best decision  we could have ever made for this cruise 🙂

Homework is always a necessity, at least for us...

• Like 1

Presto2, did you see the erupting Tromboli volcano? We were watching it for a while, and when the captain announced it, there was a rush of passengers coming towards us.

One woman pushed me. Seriously pushed me out from the railings. So I pushed back. She was like 6 ft and I am 5’2. I was not going to back out. One of our guys pull me out, so we left. RUDE.

We could not see much from our end , just some small eruptions but we were told that it was more active the other side of the volcano.