adult children room under 21

havanadaydreaming

we were trying to book 3 rooms on Carnival for me, wife, and adult son and wife (23,22), son 20/daughter 19. 

site said if oldest person in room was under 24 each guest needed to be 21+. and it wouldnt let us book room for 20/19 yr olds.  

ever heard of that?  

(my eldest is shipping out to Guantanamo early '20 and we were doing a last ditch family trip after his marriage and before deployment. I was shocked at the restrictions....)

2 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

we were trying to book 3 rooms on Carnival for me, wife, and adult son and wife (23,22), son 20/daughter 19. 

site said if oldest person in room was under 24 each guest needed to be 21+. and it wouldnt let us book room for 20/19 yr olds.  

ever heard of that?  

(my eldest is shipping out to Guantanamo early '20 and we were doing a last ditch family trip after his marriage and before deployment. I was shocked at the restrictions....)

You and son in one room, wife and daughter in another. Switch on board, Good to go.

3 minutes ago, canes20 said:

You and son in one room, wife and daughter in another. Switch on board, Good to go.

great minds! that was my fix too. 

I called my best friend's wife, whom we learned is a travel agent at this year's jimmy buffett tailgate.  

she booked rooms we wanted without issue.  got us same rate, obc credits, rooms in same vicinity/same floor.  

They have that rule that you must be 24 or older because of the Brain Fairy.  When a child turns 13 years of age, the Brain Fairy comes and takes that child's brain away and does not return it until they are 23.  Anyone that has raised children knows this... 😂

I thought I read that minors can be in their own room if their cabin was no more than 3 cabins away, so don't know why this would be an issue for adult children.

But this could be a potential boon for y'all if only one of you likes to drink quite a bit on a cruise (dad ?), but the other not so much (mom ?), then booking the two cabins, with Dad and 20 yo and and Mom and 19 yo, only one person in each cabin would need to purchase the Cheers package.  The other can just pay as they go for cocktails. 

22 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I booked 3 cabins for 12/20 on the Magic.  One cabin has twins who will have just turned 18.  I booked it with Carnival PVP.  No problem.

I was just going to mention this...

The restriction exists when booking online, but it can be done easily by calling Carnival to book (and then you don't have to rearrange cabins/keycards after you're on board)

I booked 3 cabins, 1 for DH & myself, other 2 had 1 DD each plus a friend and they are all between 18-24.