Laundry/Dry Cleaning Turnaround

SabreSailor

Never used dry cleaning service .. but if you leave your laundry bag and laundry form on the bed by mid morning it will be collected - and returned the next afternoon (all nicely folded and wrapped, inside a cute box).

This means no laundry service on your last full day on-board as you disembark early the next day.

We  have completed 4 Viking Ocean cruises in Penthouse Junior Suites and love the laundry service perk.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

One final thought SabreSailor .. comments above relate to the 'included' laundry service.

On the last full day on-board (ie when no included service available) I believe you can pay extra for same day return of laundry .. which we have never done.

A couple of times we have used the laundry machines to do a quick wash / dry in the evening prior to disembarking.

Edited by helenandfrank
error

I use the laundry service about every other day- not included in our PV room, but I can’t stand to have dirty laundry around. Plus, the cost is minimal compared to the cost of time to use the machines (other things I’d rather do and laundry service comes back folded or on hangers). I can also just send things out to be pressed- the irons in the laundry room are sometimes finicky about heat (too hot or not enough) and previous users have sometimes scorched something on the bottom of the iron. 

As said by the others, we leave the laundry bag/bags 🙀 on the bed in the morning and the cabin steward picks it up as s/he cleans. I’ve been seen walking briskly down the hall (no running in the halls!) to hand another bag of laundry to our cabin steward. Doesn’t take long for them to figure out to leave 2 bags in the room. 

I may be wrong--but I thought that at any point during the cruise you could pay 2X pricing for next day delivery.

We just sent our laundry in daily and got it back next day as we were in Penthouse Junior Suite.

Next cruise is DV6 and we figure for $15-20/day we will pay for laundry/dry cleaning daily. Not worth spending time doing our own laundry on vacation when you look at the per hour cost.

• 2 years later...
On 9/2/2019 at 5:37 PM, helenandfrank said:

if you leave your laundry bag and laundry form on the bed by mid morning it will be collected - and returned the next afternoon (all nicely folded and wrapped, inside a cute box).

[...]

no laundry service on your last full day on-board as you disembark early the next day.

Can anyone confirm the next day turnaround is still accurate post-covid? 

Need to count the max # of days without laundry to know how many changes of clothes to pack.

Edited by SempreMare

Second question

With British Isles Explorer, we embark in London (Greenwich), England on a Tuesday and depart on a Wednesday at 4:00pm 

In that situation, has anyone in a PS category ever given a bag of laundry to your room attendant after 11:00 am embarkation day and had it returned the next day before departure? 

11 hours ago, SempreMare said:

Can anyone confirm the next day turnaround is still accurate post-covid? 

Need to count the max # of days without laundry to know how many changes of clothes to pack.

This is pretty accurate IME.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Another laundry question: can you specify when you want things air-dried rather than run through a dryer? I put underwear and socks through the dryer but that’s about it. 

I had them air dry all my shirts.  They did.  Just specify it under special instructions.  

• Like 1