Izumi Harmony Kids choices

2cruise5

Has anyone eaten at Izumi with children and can give me an idea if there’s a separate children’s menu. I have standard typically picky children who don’t eat Japanese food, rice or noodles but I would really like to go to Izumi. 

Would we we have the option to book and pay for the two adults and feed the children beforehand in the windjammer perhaps?

18 minutes ago, 2cruise5 said:

Has anyone eaten at Izumi with children and can give me an idea if there’s a separate children’s menu.

The RCI app doesn't list anything kid specific in the menu. Having them eat in the WJ and you go alone sounds like a good plan.

• Thanks 1

Send them to Adventure Ocean.  They could eat with the other kids and you could have a nice relaxing dinner.  Or you could be like we are.  My granddaughter goes with us to all restaurants and tries something off the menu.  If there is nothing that she likes to fill her up then she can get pizza or whatever she wants but she always seems to find something she likes.  She is not an Izumi fan but goes with us and there are a couple of things she does like after trying several things.  She is also a fairly picky eater also but is always game to try something off the menu.  Have fun.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Send them to Adventure Ocean.  They could eat with the other kids and you could have a nice relaxing dinner.  Or you could be like we are.  My granddaughter goes with us to all restaurants and tries something off the menu.  If there is nothing that she likes to fill her up then she can get pizza or whatever she wants but she always seems to find something she likes.  She is not an Izumi fan but goes with us and there are a couple of things she does like after trying several things.  She is also a fairly picky eater also but is always game to try something off the menu.  Have fun.

I have a suspicion they won't go to adventure ocean but it's something I'll work on as would be nice to have one meal without them.

Do you mean she'll get pizza after? Another thought of mine if they really do struggle to get to grips with the menu 

Izumi is about the only place we have to worry but knowing she loves shrimp we look for a cooked item that has shrimp in it.  If she cannot find anything that she really likes to eat we allow her to get pizza after we have dinner but she always sits with us until we are done.  All the other specialty restaurants have things she likes so it is not problem there.  The only other place we might have a problem with is Wonderland where they do have different things to eat.  Don't know the age of your children but she is 12 and since we have started to cruise again the rule is that she always has to come to dinner with us and shows with us but other than that she can spend time with the friends she makes.  It is hard sometimes for her to find something to eat also.  I know that in the Coastal Kitchen there is not much she likes so we always have them get her a pasta with white sauce and she is happy.  I guess we have always felt that if you do not try something different you may never know if you like something or not.  I know we will be going to Wonderland again in November and we will all try everything they bring out.  Regardless of how things work out it will be a fun time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 2cruise5 said:

Has anyone eaten at Izumi with children and can give me an idea if there’s a separate children’s menu. I have standard typically picky children who don’t eat Japanese food, rice or noodles but I would really like to go to Izumi. 

Would we we have the option to book and pay for the two adults and feed the children beforehand in the windjammer perhaps?

We see lots of kids in Izumi.

Just think of it a grilled chicken and rice.

The chef can modify anything 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Izumi is about the only place we have to worry but knowing she loves shrimp we look for a cooked item that has shrimp in it.  If she cannot find anything that she really likes to eat we allow her to get pizza after we have dinner but she always sits with us until we are done.  All the other specialty restaurants have things she likes so it is not problem there.  The only other place we might have a problem with is Wonderland where they do have different things to eat.  Don't know the age of your children but she is 12 and since we have started to cruise again the rule is that she always has to come to dinner with us and shows with us but other than that she can spend time with the friends she makes.  It is hard sometimes for her to find something to eat also.  I know that in the Coastal Kitchen there is not much she likes so we always have them get her a pasta with white sauce and she is happy.  I guess we have always felt that if you do not try something different you may never know if you like something or not.  I know we will be going to Wonderland again in November and we will all try everything they bring out.  Regardless of how things work out it will be a fun time.

That's exactly it, it'll be a fun time. Mine will be 10 and 8.

My husband doesn't fancy Wonderland this time which I think is a shame as one of the dishes I had last time was one of my favourite things I've eaten. However may be best to keep it that way in my head in case second time it's a disappointment (if it's even still on the menu).