Cabin location for Explorer of the Seas

I booked cabin 8630 on Explorer.  Have not been on this ship in ages and was wondering if this location is good.  Usually on a higher floor but last time we ended under the buffet, lol.  Thanks for any help.  Also, besides the extra room is there any advantage to booking a Junior suite.  On Anthem you got to eat in the special restaurant, The Kitchen, which was really nice.

Edited by sharonlacey
spell

5 minutes ago, sharonlacey said:

Also, besides the extra room is there any advantage to booking a Junior suite.  On Anthem you got to eat in the special restaurant, The Kitchen, which was really nice.

No CK on Adventure, nor suite class.

We stayed in a panoramic room on Freedom, deck 12.   They have the same on explorer.   We loved having the big windows and didn't miss a balcony.   Cabin 1864 is kind of odd shaped but has a lot of extra room.   You have 5 windows from floor to ceiling so it really opens up the room.  There is even enough room to sit  at the bottom like a little window seat.  We were one floor up from the pool deck and had easy access to the stairs and elevator.  The only issue we had was when we were pulling into port we would feel these strong vibrations but it wasn't for too long.  

33 minutes ago, sharonlacey said:

I booked cabin 8630 on Explorer.  Have not been on this ship in ages and was wondering if this location is good.  Usually on a higher floor but last time we ended under the buffet, lol.  Thanks for any help.  Also, besides the extra room is there any advantage to booking a Junior suite.  On Anthem you got to eat in the special restaurant, The Kitchen, which was really nice.

JS perks on Explorer:

Bathtub
Walk-in closet
Priority check-in and boarding
Tea kettle and coffee maker
Bathroom amenities
Robes
Extra C&A point per night
Silver Seapass card (no significance other than distinctive color)

Merion Mom really dont know much about the cabins.  Is there a certain one that is better than the other?  Maybe since it is so far out it will be available, lol.  I am on 8630 but I guess I could change.

Thanks for any info you can give me.  We have not been on a cruise in about 3 years and not on this ship since it left NJ.  I do remember how helpful you were when I would come on here, thank you.