More help needed

clarets

Having taken our 1st p&o cruise in may to the Baltics we found it easy to pick our excursions as we wanted to see all the countries we docked at and chose different ways with p&o

to view these places.

Our next cruise is in January to the Caribbean for my wife's 60th and this is the problem.....we are docking at nine destinations and feel to a certain degree if you have seen one Caribbean beach you have seen them all so we may pick about three ( cost comes in also) if I give the nine can you give me the must go-to and the ones to forget.

Barbados

Curacao

Aruba

Granada

Saint Vincent

Saint Lucia

Saint Kitts

Antigua

Sin Martin

Thanks in advance for answers.

All the islands are different and have their own places to see.  The Caribbean is the easiest place to DIY trips,  when you get off the ship there will be loads of taxis waiting. These usually take up to 8 people and we find it nice to share, they charge $20 to $25 per person. There are usually several ships in together so it's best to get off early and take a trip before everywhere gets too busy.  The trips are usually 4 to 5 hours and they will take you to the places if interest, they will also drop you at a beach for a couple of hours on the way back if you negotiate  with them.

Aruba is different to many of the islands as it's very dry and arid with lots of cacti and iguanas

Granada is known as spice island and most if the trips will take you up to the rain forest where you may see monkeys if you are lucky. Be sure to buy spices in the market

St. Vincent is where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed so you can visit the film set. 

St.Lucia,if you want to do a tour try Cosol Tours. They are excellent and take you to try local food, they also carry drinks on board including  rum punch!

St.Kitts is a lovely island well worth a trip

Antigua is very scenic, trips will include Englishman  Harbour and Nelson's Dockyard 

Enjoy your research and planning!

The train through the sugar cane fields in St Kitts is nice (plenty of rum punch), but you have to book a P&O tour, you can't do it privately.

Can I suggest you look through the Ports of Call sections for these ports, as you will pick up lots of ideas there.  

Yeah, I'd suggest as above too, find a tour bus/taxi for $20-30, away from P&O, and have a few hours tour (sometimes including an hour or so for a beach, or a nice walk around).

We've done Barbados, Antigua and St. Kitts like that, and felt it to be well worth it.

#uptheclarets

Edited by BillieJeanKaraokeKing

I would also recommend Colsol in St Lucia.  Great excursion - nowhere near as expensive as P&O

I would put each port into google and see who is offering good tours.  All of them will be cheaper than P&O

Edited by jeanlyon

I too can recommend Cosol tours in St Lucia. We had a fabulous day with them for about 70 USD each if I recall. If it is any help I remember the day vividly but not how much we paid, just as it should be!

Edited by Sussexboy
Spelling!

On 9/6/2019 at 2:09 PM, clarets said:

Having taken our 1st p&o cruise in may to the Baltics we found it easy to pick our excursions as we wanted to see all the countries we docked at and chose different ways with p&o

to view these places.

Our next cruise is in January to the Caribbean for my wife's 60th and this is the problem.....we are docking at nine destinations and feel to a certain degree if you have seen one Caribbean beach you have seen them all so we may pick about three ( cost comes in also) if I give the nine can you give me the must go-to and the ones to forget.

Barbados

Curacao

Aruba

Granada

Saint Vincent

Saint Lucia

Saint Kitts

Antigua

Sin Martin

Thanks in advance for answers.

On Grenada we took an tour organised in advance with Grenada Sunsation. This was back in 2015, I think the cost was about $35 or 40 pp  and was really good. Covered all the main sights on the island and our guide Glenn was so knowledgeable, especially about the indigenous plants and spices.

Antigua - Scenic Tours, $33 pp, 6 1/2 hour tour of the island, covering all the main sights. You can also add a beach option for a few dollars more.

St Maarten - Twin Island Tours: tour of the island including time at a lovely beach, shopping in Marigot, all the main sights, plus an ice box in the car with all the fruit juice/water/rum punch/beer you could want.