Summit Sky Suite 6145

NCteacherlovescruising

We booked this while onboard the cruise we just got off of. We only have 573 days to go and I’m already excited!  😂  We will be doing a Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. The gentleman that helped us book this cruise said this suite was better than the other Sky Suites. Our friends had a sky suite on this cruise so we know what they look like, but does anyone have a picture of 6145?  We tried to see it before getting off today, but they wouldn’t let us. 

Also, we were shocked at how fast everything to do with debarkation went. We’ve never experienced anything like it before!  No dealing with customs, no passports, just a photo and we were off. It was literally less than 5 minutes!  Is that because we only went to Bermuda?  We are accustomed to long lines waiting to clear customs. 

We have 6145 booked on the Summit for the May 28th Canada/Maine cruise. I can let you know more once we sail in 8 months 😉 The Sky suites connected to the Penthouse are premium as they have a bit more space, a dedicated shower (verses the shower/tub combination) and double sinks.

There is a thread with some photos of 6146 (same cabin but opposite side of ship) from March that has some excellent photos of the refurbished suite.

Welcome home.

2 hours ago, DogLover said:

We have 6145 booked on the Summit for the May 28th Canada/Maine cruise. I can let you know more once we sail in 8 months 😉 The Sky suites connected to the Penthouse are premium as they have a bit more space, a dedicated shower (verses the shower/tub combination) and double sinks.

There is a thread with some photos of 6146 (same cabin but opposite side of ship) from March that has some excellent photos of the refurbished suite.

Welcome home.

Thanks!  That was quite helpful!!

• 2 months later...

Its a great cabin as we've had it on the Summit.   The best perk is that you share the butler with the Penthouse and they are usually the best.    You will also get the Hotel Manager attention too as they too like to service the Penthouse guests frequently.

It's also nice to have the heated marble floors in the bathroom and the special lighting features.   

Really a nice cabin if you can get it.

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Is this one of the cabins with a door and not a slider?

Oh, how we hope they have replaced those single, narrow balcony doors with  standard double door sliders, or at least cut some windows into the long outer walls to let in natural light.

That narrow door with its restricted view was what we disliked most about those sky suites. 

It provided the suite's one and only view to the outside, and kept the interior so dim that we needed to have lights turned on even in the daytime.

Maybe it will look brighter now though without the dark paneling.

Having that large bathroom was nice, but we  spend a great deal more time in the living/bedroom than in the bathroom.

Edited by varoo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, varoo said:

Oh, how we hope they have replaced those single, narrow balcony doors with  standard double door sliders, or at least cut some windows into the long outer walls to let in natural light.

That narrow door with its restricted view was what we disliked most about those sky suites. 

It provided the suite's one and only view to the outside, and kept the interior so dim that we needed to have lights turned on even in the daytime.

Maybe it will look brighter now though without the dark paneling.

Having that large bathroom was nice, but we  spend a great deal more time in the living/bedroom than in the bathroom.

The single door is the biggest downside for sure. The cabin, bathroom and veranda are all oversized which to me, more than makes up for it. 

We were in 6145 on Summit in May.  Our veranda furniture at first had the white sofa and two hard chairs.  You have ME (personally, literally) to thank for those being switched out for the mesh chairs you see now (I insisted they get rid of the hard straight back wooden chairs).  We did NOT have the extra 2 loungers you see there.  I think it makes it very crowded but it's nice to have more options on where to sit.

We liked the cabin very much.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MadisonMom said:

Thanks so much! We are still debating whether we will be 2 or 3 going on this cruise which means my adult son may be sleeping on it. 

Molly

I don’t think it’s a sleeper sofa. That would mean you can’t book 3 in this cabin. Check with Celebrity. 

17 hours ago, RichYak said:

I don’t think it’s a sleeper sofa. That would mean you can’t book 3 in this cabin. Check with Celebrity. 

According to the Summit deck plans there is a sleeper sofa, so the suite should accommodate 3.

How comfortable it might be is another question. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 2:41 PM, C-Dragons said:

According to the Summit deck plans there is a sleeper sofa, so the suite should accommodate 3.

How comfortable it might be is another question. 😉

We decided to roll the dice - we will be three in this cabin. We'll let everyone know how the sofa is for my adult son when we sail in March.

-Molly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 2:46 PM, delondin said:

When we had the same cabin on Constellation we had a lot of noise from the connecting door to the Penthouse. You could literally hear their conversations. Any one else have this and had it improved with the refit on Summit? 

I heard nothing for the entire week.