Oceania Penthouse vs. Oceania vs. Vista Cabin's

Sthrngary

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

I would like to thank everyone for your input.  That view picture was awesome.  Because I asked the question, I want to respond.  For the difference in price which is over $7,000.00, I have decided for this cruise to stay in the Penthouse.  If, prior to sailing a upgrade (at a lower cost) is offered, I will be tempted because of the great comments on this tread.  If not, my hopes are that our cruising partners and I will make our cruise super fun for everyone we meet.  That is really what makes a cruise. GREAT people wanting a GREAT time. Cruise well.

Here is another option.  If you want Mura's aft view at a penthouse price, you could book 7128, 7130, 7133, or 7135.  These are the 4 penthouse staterooms on deck 7.  7130 & 7135 are aft facing extended balconies with slightly smaller square footage in the actual stateroom.  7128 & 7133 are port/starboard facing but with extended balconies but standard PH square footage.  Either option makes for a lovely happy hour/sail away spot.  Enjoy and celebrate!  

-Katie 

6 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

I have been in a PH when traveling with 6 friends. We had 3 PH cabins in a row. We opened the dividers to the balcony and it made for a huge area to have our sail away Happy Hours. See if you can be in the cabin next to your friends. 

Was this on Oceania? 

On 9/12/2019 at 10:28 AM, maggie.1008 said:

I have been in a PH when traveling with 6 friends. We had 3 PH cabins in a row. We opened the dividers to the balcony and it made for a huge area to have our sail away Happy Hours. See if you can be in the cabin next to your friends. 

That's great but Oceania won't let you open the dividers anymore.  I even asked the General Manager and the answer was No.

It may be a question of which General Manager you ask ... or so it seems from the differing answers.

Unfortunately, you can't just order a different General Manager if you don't get the answer you want!

Edited by Mura

1 hour ago, KatieBelle said:

Hmmm.  Our request was granted in May of this year on Riviera.

Interesting.  It was Dominique Nicole who refused on Riviera in Nov 2017.  I had the wrap around aft ph on Deck 7 and wanted my friends next door to be able to come on over without having to leave their cabin and knock on my door.  If I was on the back part of balcony, I wouldn't hear them.  He said it was a new fire code restriction- stopping fire from spreading.  Kind of silly when fire could  go under,over and around.  I had asked the butler and the room attendant and then Dominique.

Maybe they got a lot of push back.  Was it your cabin attendant that opened it or did you have to go up the ladder?

Edited by cruisingxpert

7 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Interesting.  It was Dominique Nicole who refused on Riviera in Nov 2017.  I had the wrap around aft ph on Deck 7 and wanted my friends next door to be able to come on over without having to leave their cabin and knock on my door.  If I was on the back part of balcony, I wouldn't hear them.  He said it was a new fire code restriction- stopping fire from spreading.  Kind of silly when fire could  go under,over and around.  I had asked the butler and the room attendant and then Dominique.

Maybe they got a lot of push back.  Was it your cabin attendant that opened it or did you have to go up the ladder?

We asked our room attendant.  Later in the day when we returned, it was done.