Edge Where is the Bed Located

CruisesRMe

3 hours ago, CruisesRMe said:

Thank you I try to change his cabin.

If it doesn't work for you to change his stateroom, if he sleeps on the side of the bed closest to the bathroom the difference will be less than ten feet each way. I hope that will work well for him!

11 hours ago, Mauidiver said:

If you look at the deck plans, you can see the little "cut out" in each cabin which shows the position of the bed.

I familiar with the Solstice class with the triangle and square as reference. What is the "cut out" you mention. 

37 minutes ago, WAVTAM said:

I familiar with the Solstice class with the triangle and square as reference. What is the "cut out" you mention. 

It might be something unique to Edge class ships.  On the deck plan you can see a little "jog" in the room shape for a non-suite cabin.  That "cut out" is where the bed is.  I don't see the same thing on Solstice.

5 minutes ago, Mauidiver said:

It might be something unique to Edge class ships.  On the deck plan you can see a little "jog" in the room shape for a non-suite cabin.  That "cut out" is where the bed is.  I don't see the same thing on Solstice.

See the "cut out" …...Technically the square /triangle rule is the same on Edge.

BE CAREFUL!  The “wider place / cut out “ in the deck plan diagrams do NOT correspond with the bed in all cases. It drove me cray until I did an exhaustive search. At least on deck 10 aft, I have verified by watching review videos (and looking at the cabin spreadsheet on CC) that on the Port side the wider place is where the bed is BUT on the starboard side it is opposite.  Specifically search on YouTube for the Edge cabin review of 10222. The video shows the bed by the bathroom yet the floor plan “wider segment” indicates the bed by the window / balcony/ IV.  Even the Celebrity rep tried to tell me that based on the floor plan, 10222 would be bed by balcony. ITS CRAZY!  And would be very unfortunate if you spent a lot of money only to find the bed in the “wrong” position.  

Celebrity needs to fix their diagram on the website. 

My issue is....which direction is the bed facing. I suffer from motion sickness so when lying in bed, my body has to be moving forward same as if I were driving a car. Thanks to the S class spread sheet, I know for this to be the direction on balcony cabins, I have to book port side cabins with the bed by the balcony. I have followed this spread sheet for our last 15 cruises and never had an issue. To book a  port side cabin on our recent Summit M class cruise, our TA pulled 2 cabins, then contacted Celebrity who had to contact the ship to verify which cabin had the bed in the direction of moving forward when lying down. Hoping to be able to verify portside bed by balcony/bath issue on Edge class before we book.

12 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

My issue is....which direction is the bed facing. I suffer from motion sickness so when lying in bed, my body has to be moving forward same as if I were driving a car. Thanks to the S class spread sheet, I know for this to be the direction on balcony cabins, I have to book port side cabins with the bed by the balcony. I have followed this spread sheet for our last 15 cruises and never had an issue. To book a  port side cabin on our recent Summit M class cruise, our TA pulled 2 cabins, then contacted Celebrity who had to contact the ship to verify which cabin had the bed in the direction of moving forward when lying down. Hoping to be able to verify portside bed by balcony/bath issue on Edge class before we book.

Through pictures that I have I can make an educated guess when you are ready to book. Verifying it onboard is a good idea. 🙂

OP, as said before the bed is likely by the window in 6212. As pointed out above a few cabins are marked incorrectly, but so far I haven't found any on deck 6, just on 9 and 10, I believe. I have a list of those cabins that I know about so far (I do the cabin info sticky so compare every cabin with the deck plans and what the reviewer reported) - I'll look for it and post it again. I have a new set of deck plans and plan to compare those with the old to see if they corrected them.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

OP, as said before the bed is likely by the window in 6212. As pointed out above a few cabins are marked incorrectly, but so far I haven't found any on deck 6, just on 9 and 10, I believe. I have a list of those cabins that I know about so far (I do the cabin info sticky so compare every cabin with the deck plans and what the reviewer reported) - I'll look for it and post it again. I have a new set of deck plans and plan to compare those with the old to see if they corrected them.

Thank you!  The main reason why I like the bed by the bathroom/closet is because on other cruise lines (this is our first celebrity cruise) we find the stateroom gets too warm during the night, even with the thermostat on its lowest setting,  other cruise lines seem to "play around" with the temperatures inside the cabins and the ac vents are located near the bathroom so when I have a bed located right under the vents` it feels cooler when I sleep.  Perhaps Celelebrity's staterooms remain cool, we like to sleep with the temperature 69-70 not sure if Celebrity's staterooms would get that cool for us? On another note, my father in law is best to have his stateroom with the bed next to the bathroom so he doesn't bump into any furniture going to the bathroom during the night.  Is there a nightlight in the rooms, if so, where would it be located?  Thank you.

24 minutes ago, CruisesRMe said:

Is there a nightlight in the rooms, if so, where would it be located?

On Edge, there is a nightlight--certainly not high-powered but it was more than sufficient for me--that is mounted beneath the counter in the bath and subtly illuminates the floor...  If you leave the bath door slightly ajar [but do know that the closure is magnetic and may engage with ship movement], it may be adequate for your needs...

If you need something more, consider bringing a small nightlight or two to increase the brightness...  On Edge, there is a power outlet (not of the "shaver only" variety] in the bath--again below the counter with an adjacent shelf [I used it for my electric toothbrush--that easily accommodates one...  There are also outlets in the living area if you desire more light in the sleeping area... 

22 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

BE CAREFUL!  The “wider place / cut out “ in the deck plan diagrams do NOT correspond with the bed in all cases. It drove me cray until I did an exhaustive search. At least on deck 10 aft, I have verified by watching review videos (and looking at the cabin spreadsheet on CC) that on the Port side the wider place is where the bed is BUT on the starboard side it is opposite.  Specifically search on YouTube for the Edge cabin review of 10222. The video shows the bed by the bathroom yet the floor plan “wider segment” indicates the bed by the window / balcony/ IV.  Even the Celebrity rep tried to tell me that based on the floor plan, 10222 would be bed by balcony. ITS CRAZY!  And would be very unfortunate if you spent a lot of money only to find the bed in the “wrong” position.  

Celebrity needs to fix their diagram on the website. 

I can confirm that the Edge deck plans are not particularly accurate relative to bed placement...  I occupied 10222 [no, the review you saw is not mine] for a week in March and 9236 for the Transatlantic in April/May...  In both cases I expected the bed to be adjacent to the balcony based upon the "bump out" shown on the deck plans--my preference--but, in reality, bed placement was instead adjacent to the closet/closer to the bath...

You may be on to something relative to the accuracy of the port versus the apparent inaccuracy of starboard deck plans in this regard...  Can't validate but my experiences--on both Decks 9 and 10--tend to suggest so... 

Edited by Xport

This is the bed by bath or balcony thread that explains how to tell by the deck plan that I started over a year ago before the ship sailed. Since the ship sailed we have had a few reports of the deck plans being inaccurate. I started a list - it is in post #76.  One of them is on the port side so far, the balance are starboard.

Thanks for the 2 additional cabins - I will place them on the list.

52 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

This is the bed by bath or balcony thread that explains how to tell by the deck plan that I started over a year ago before the ship sailed. Since the ship sailed we have had a few reports of the deck plans being inaccurate. I started a list - it is in post #76.  One of them is on the port side so far, the balance are starboard.

Thanks for the 2 additional cabins - I will place them on the list.

vtcruising…

Edge is beautiful but there is another quirk that may or may not have been noted here...

If it matters--it really bothered me--the views from the infinite verandas [Zenith member/Celebrity cheerleader but not at all a fan of the concept] whether the top window is up or down--can be very different based upon location versus ship superstructure...

• In 10222, the cabin [while no different in size] is recessed such that the view to the outdoors--up, down, or sideways--is extremely limited/akin to looking through a tunnel...  I couldn't, for instance, see the nearby Magic Carpet if I looked forward; all I saw--other than if I looked straight ahead--was wall...
  • In 9236 [just a few cabins forward from 10222 one deck below], the view in any direction was not similarly encumbered...  That said, I suspect I will always prefer a traditional balcony and what is, to my mind, a much better connection to being at sea...
Edited by Xport

1 hour ago, Xport said:

vtcruising…

Edge is beautiful but there is another quirk that may or may not have been noted here...

If it matters--it really bothered me--the views from the infinite verandas [Zenith member/Celebrity cheerleader but not at all a fan of the concept] whether the top window is up or down--can be very different based upon location versus ship superstructure...

• In 10222, the cabin [while no different in size] is recessed such that the view to the outdoors--up, down, or sideways--is extremely limited/akin to looking through a tunnel...  I couldn't, for instance, see the nearby Magic Carpet if I looked forward; all I saw--other than if I looked straight ahead--was wall...
  • In 9236 [just a few cabins forward from 10222 one deck below], the view in any direction was not similarly encumbered...  That said, I suspect I will always prefer a traditional balcony and what is, to my mind, a much better connection to being at sea...

Interesting - I would love to see pictures. Do you think it could be because 10222 is on the end of the bump out? I think Kearny’s cabin was on a bump out end and she reported that it was a little different in some way. I hope to be able to see one of those on my next Edge/Apex visit. 

Im a traditional balcony person too, but enjoyed trying 2 nights in an IV. They do have some advantages. Mine had a great view. 

7EDCC697-8C61-49E7-A7BC-9A7AB51092A0.thumb.jpeg.aab388bc354cef77ab37ecdd862776f2.jpeg2A1D0C2C-AF5A-4DE0-88B5-7CB191928C00.thumb.jpeg.daab8534347ed184816b25a3382e5b45.jpeg6D1B8E6B-E8E4-46F7-94D6-479C052808EF.thumb.jpeg.bb45986053faf5a02128b8ec15e42a18.jpeg

14 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Interesting - I would love to see pictures. Do you think it could be because 10222 is on the end of the bump out? I think Kearny’s cabin was on a bump out end and she reported that it was a little different in some way. I hope to be able to see one of those on my next Edge/Apex visit. 

Im a traditional balcony person too, but enjoyed trying 2 nights in an IV. They do have some advantages. Mine had a great view. 

7EDCC697-8C61-49E7-A7BC-9A7AB51092A0.thumb.jpeg.aab388bc354cef77ab37ecdd862776f2.jpeg2A1D0C2C-AF5A-4DE0-88B5-7CB191928C00.thumb.jpeg.daab8534347ed184816b25a3382e5b45.jpeg6D1B8E6B-E8E4-46F7-94D6-479C052808EF.thumb.jpeg.bb45986053faf5a02128b8ec15e42a18.jpeg

48 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Sorry for my posting error immediately above...

The view from your IV is comparable to the one I had from 9236--that cabin is a bit aft of yours--in terms of field of vision...

You may be correct that the limited view from 10222 relates to the cabin's position at the end of the "bump out"; I couldn't see to 10220 [the A1 cabin immediately forward of mine] or 10224 [the A2 cabin immediately aft of mine; I wasn't particularly expecting to be able to do so when I booked long before I understood the IV concept]...

Sorry, I took no photos of the view from 10222; there was nothing I wanted to memorialize!

Very uncharacteristically, I've not booked Edge or Apex in the future...  I'm not fond of Sunset View and--given my loyalty--have virtually no reason to book a Suite as I most often travel solo--don't need the space--and I'm one of the few who doesn't prefer the Luminae menu [for me, it was usually a very expensive way to access the MDR menu on the pre-Edge ships] versus the offerings in Blu... 

Edited by Xport

12 minutes ago, Xport said:

Sorry for my posting error immediately above...

The view from your IV is comparable to the one I had from 9236--that cabin is a bit aft of yours--in terms of field of vision...

You may be correct that the limited view from 10222 relates to the cabin's position at the end of the "bump out"; I couldn't see to 10220 [the A1 cabin immediately forward of mine] or 10224 [the A2 cabin immediately aft of mine; I wasn't particularly expecting to be able to do so when I booked long before I understood the IV concept]...

Sorry, I took no photos of the view from 10222; there was nothing I wanted to memorialize!

Very uncharacteristically, I've not booked Edge or Apex in the future...  I'm not fond of Sunset View and--given my loyalty--have virtually no reason to book a Suite as I most often travel solo--don't need the space--and I'm one of the few who doesn't prefer the Luminae menu [for me, it was usually a very expensive way to access the MDR menu on the pre-Edge ships] versus the offerings in Blu... 

I can see why you didn’t take pictures. 🙂

The Edge isn’t a good match for everyone. Luckily we like aft cabins so have some SV’s booked and, if prices are right, love the Suite Life. I do like the vibe on the ship and the unique things she has to offer. A

nice option for us. 🙂