New To Celebrity Questions

CruisesRMe

Hello,

I am new to Celebrity, but diamond on RC which makes me Elite status on Celebrity, which is VERY nice.

We are booked on the Edge for December and have a few questions if anybody can help that be truly appreciated.

We are taking my elderly father in law, as a result we are paying everything for him during the cruise we chose the single infinite balcony cabin for him and we are one door away at an Oceanview Panoramic stateroom (we always have had balconies, but figured with the large window it shouldn't make much of a difference not having that actual balcony).  My question, on other cruise lines we found the room temperature too warm during the night even set to the lowest setting, I gather other cruise lines can adjust/they are green and can adjust the temperatures when people are sleeping....do you feel the Edge or any celebrity ship does get warm during the night, if so, I will bring a small fan with me.

Do we need to make reservations for the show, if so, when are we able to do this?

We are Elite, but just booked up and anytime dining was not available, therefore, we were placed for late seating with a waitress (select).  What does the select part mean and what are our changes of getting the anytime dining?  To be honest, 8:30 is a bit too late for my father in law who is 80.  Any ideas how to get the anytime dining and where would we do that?  

If we get anytime dining, can we call Celebrity or on the website chose the time we would like to dine, or do we have to make reservations when on board to do this, and where would we do that on the ship?

If we have the premium beverage package, from what I was told that would mean we would get complimentary items at the Cafe el Bacio?  Is this true?

What is your favorite specialty restaurant and why?  We want to experience dining in the MDR but also want to try a couple of specialty restaurants.

Any advice/tips that you can give us that we may not be aware of on this ship?  Thank you and have a great day!

35 minutes ago, CruisesRMe said:

Hello,

I am new to Celebrity, but diamond on RC which makes me Elite status on Celebrity, which is VERY nice.

We are booked on the Edge for December and have a few questions if anybody can help that be truly appreciated.

We are taking my elderly father in law, as a result we are paying everything for him during the cruise we chose the single infinite balcony cabin for him and we are one door away at an Oceanview Panoramic stateroom (we always have had balconies, but figured with the large window it shouldn't make much of a difference not having that actual balcony).  My question, on other cruise lines we found the room temperature too warm during the night even set to the lowest setting, I gather other cruise lines can adjust/they are green and can adjust the temperatures when people are sleeping....do you feel the Edge or any celebrity ship does get warm during the night, if so, I will bring a small fan with me. 

we have not had a problem lowering the temp to a comfortable level

Do we need to make reservations for the show, if so, when are we able to do this?

No reservations needed or taken for the shows.  Just so Up 10-15 mins before 

We are Elite, but just booked up and anytime dining was not available, therefore, we were placed for late seating with a waitress (select).  What does the select part mean and what are our changes of getting the anytime dining?  To be honest, 8:30 is a bit too late for my father in law who is 80.  Any ideas how to get the anytime dining and where would we do that?  

Select dining is what Celebrity calls anytime dining.  So it sounds like you are waitlisted for Select.  It is quite possible you will clear tge waitlist before your sailing.  If not hen you board make the MDR your 1st stop and speak with tge MaitreD.  They will do their best to change your dining, although maybe not for the 1st night.

If we get anytime dining, can we call Celebrity or on the website chose the time we would like to dine, or do we have to make reservations when on board to do this, and where would we do that on the ship?

If you get moved to Select dining pre Cruise you can make dinner reservations on-line in your Cruise Planner.  It will be under Speciality Dining & it is usually the last item in that category.

If we have the premium beverage package, from what I was told that would mean we would get complimentary items at the Cafe el Bacio?  Is this true?

The pastries, cookies, etc at al Bacio are complimentary to all passengers.  The coffees and teas would be covered by your beverage package

What is your favorite specialty restaurant and why?  We want to experience dining in the MDR but also want to try a couple of specialty restaurants.

Any advice/tips that you can give us that we may not be aware of on this ship?  Thank you and have a great day!

Enjoy your cruise.

I hope you enjoy your cruise! You might find move up cabin options before your cruise, so keep an eye out for that. Not only can you bid on higher cabins you may find you paid enough to get a higher category as prices fluctuate. Aqua class has its own restaurant and eating early there has always worked for us. They do not have seated times. Saying that you are in nice cabins, but sometimes opportunities present themselves.

Usually eating early gives you options in specialty and the beautiful MDR’s of Edge. I have rarely heard of folks not getting the time changed. I agree, keep asking and make it your first stop if it is not resolved before boarding.

The first night of the cruise may bring an offering for a discount at a specialty restaurant, you can also ask that maitre d to assist. 

Edited by hulamoon

Since you are a reciprocal Elite be sure to try some of the fun things. There's no Diamond Club to make coffees in the morning, but X often has a specialty restaurant sectioned off for fresh made coffees and a buffet style continental breakfast.  We enjoy it because it is typically quiet and the coffee is good.

Many of us haven't been on Edge yet, and the specialty restaurants are so different from the M and S class ships it's tough to see real reviews at this point, but if it were me I'd try the Magic Carpet thing just because it looks so cool.  I'd bet any of the steak places will be really good as well as X typically does a nice job with specialty venues.

It's really cool that RCI gives you the reciprocal deal.  We got that years ago and it caused us to give X a try, and then we got the status in our own right by going on enough cruises since we liked it so much.  

I hope you have a blast and report back your feelings about Elite on X compared to being Diamond on RCCL.

Tom

3 hours ago, hulamoon said:

I hope you enjoy your cruise! You might find move up cabin options before your cruise, so keep an eye out for that. Not only can you bid on higher cabins you may find you paid enough to get a higher category as prices fluctuate.

If you bid on higher cabins you are much less likely to be "one door away" from your father.