Is $60 a day pp pre-cruise credit card charge typical?

farjar

19 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I wonder how many people pay attention to the notice about the hold. HAL puts it out there, and the passenger should read it and think about what it means, but people still are surprised at embarkation.

I wondered the same thing.  The next I have to register my card I'll have to pay attention to exactly what it says and if it's clear or obscure (fine print).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roz said:

The next I have to register my card I'll have to pay attention to exactly what it says and if it's clear or obscure (fine print).

IIRC it's pretty clear, because it says if you intend to pay cash you must have $60/p/d with you on boarding day.

• Like 1

I remember our first Sea of Cortez on The Ryndam back on 2008!!! Our very first cruise with HAL and out of our home in San Diego!! I do remember doing the same thing worried that that were charging me up front and all it was, was a hold on my card till boarding!🙄 

Happy Sailings 

Denise😊

Then it's a lesson learned.  I cannot imagine this is much of a problem for people in the real world.  I have been hand-to-mouth before and knew the effect of holds on day-to-day expenses like at gas stations.  If you're flying that close to the sun, you're well aware of the situation.  HAL also gives you the ability to use a cash account on board.