Balcony Guarantees on Anthem

djkk

Hello, I was wondering if there's a difference between an Ocean view stateroom with Balcony Guarantee and an Ocean View Balcony Guarantee. The former listing is under We Pick, and the latter You Pick. Is there a chance of getting assigned an obstructed view balcony with either guarantee? Thanks in advance.

19 hours ago, djkk said:

Hello, I was wondering if there's a difference between an Ocean view stateroom with Balcony Guarantee and an Ocean View Balcony Guarantee. The former listing is under We Pick, and the latter You Pick. 

Sounds like the latter is a typo and you can simply choose your cabin. Did you try?

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:56 PM, Biker19 said:

Sounds like the latter is a typo and you can simply choose your cabin. Did you try?

In my opinion, there's 3 types of "guarantees". (a)  Guarantee in which RCL chooses your cabin and it can be obstructed or not;  (b) Obstructed Guarantee balcony cabins; and (c) non-obstructed Guarantee cabins.  On my recent Anthem cruise I booked directly with RCL and requested a non-obstructed balcony and was given a type 5D balcony cabin.  I was told at time of booking that the 5D was located Aft and covered decks 8-12.  When I got my actual cabin assignment, I got 12-302.  Nice, and being D+ I was only 12 cabins from the CL.:classic_biggrin:

Edited by nelblu

When you book on the RC website and get to select the type of stateroom and you choose VERANDA

You get 2 selections  

1.  WE PICK YOUR ROOM

2.  YOU PICK YOUR ROOM 

======================

PICK # 1. And you go directly to the SUMMARY for the cruise.

The stateroom description on the summary reads: "Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee".

This COULD be a lovely view of a LIFEBOAT.

This could be very deceptive to new cruisers since from start to finish all the way to the summary and payment page there is NO MENTION OF THE POSSIBILITY that this might be an obstructed view. 

Sure buyer beware but somewhere in the above process there should be a little warning... 

JMHO

GUARANTEE

Based on your previous selection, you are guaranteed a stateroom at minimum in the category selected.

Edited by boscobeans