Sir Samuels menu?

roger3858

My wife is a bit of a chocoholic (ok more than a bit). I’ve seen menus for most of the venues on QM2 on CC or elsewhere but I haven’t spotted a menu for Sir Samuels. If anyone has picture of a recent one it’d be much appreciated 

57 minutes ago, roger3858 said:

My wife is a bit of a chocoholic (ok more than a bit). I’ve seen menus for most of the venues on QM2 on CC or elsewhere but I haven’t spotted a menu for Sir Samuels. If anyone has picture of a recent one it’d be much appreciated 

Forget the Menu, just for the house speciality of the large Chocolate Fondu with a bottle of Fiz.  You Lady will be sooooooo happy.

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Anyone any idea of what is the cost of the chocolate fondue and what it consists of.

Think it was about $35.00, but does it matter what it costs, your on holiday?

Just think of it as being free when using your OBC.

It consists of the Fondu, accompanied by biscuits, marshmallows,  plus a selection of fresh fruits including strawberries.

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Think it was about $35.00, but does it matter what it costs, your on holiday?

Just think of it as being free when using your OBC.

It consists of the Fondu, accompanied by biscuits, marshmallows,  plus a selection of fresh fruits including strawberries.

Who says I have OBC so it will not be free and unfortunately I am not in a position just to buy anything at any cost just because I am on holiday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2019 at 7:41 PM, majortom10 said:

Who says I have OBC so it will not be free and unfortunately I am not in a position just to buy anything at any cost just because I am on holiday.

I am with you on that.  35$ for chocolate no way.  Am on QM2 NYC to Southampton in November for Literary Festival at QM2 prices may set myself a challenge to spend as little as possible!!

2 minutes ago, Clipper Chick said:

I am with you on that.  35$ for chocolate no way.  Am on QM2 NYC to Southampton in November for Literary Festival at QM2 prices may set myself a challenge to spend as little as possible!!

We are on the same cruise but doing the roundtrip 3rd November to 17th November.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We are on the same cruise but doing the roundtrip 3rd November to 17th November.

Dad and I will will have sailed Southampton to Fort Lauderdale on Celebrity Silhouette then Amtrak to New York arriving c11am.  I love sea days but think I might need a few port days in my holiday.  I have done P&O roundtrips to the Caribbean.  Best yet Transatlantic was Lisbon to Barbados on Royal Clipper.

I have enjoyed reading your posts on cc and look forward to meeting you on QM2 hopefully.

No Fly holidays are the best.

Mandy

4 minutes ago, Clipper Chick said:

Dad and I will will have sailed Southampton to Fort Lauderdale on Celebrity Silhouette then Amtrak to New York arriving c11am.  I love sea days but think I might need a few port days in my holiday.  I have done P&O roundtrips to the Caribbean.  Best yet Transatlantic was Lisbon to Barbados on Royal Clipper.

I have enjoyed reading your posts on cc and look forward to meeting you on QM2 hopefully.

No Fly holidays are the best.

Mandy

This will will be our 3rd roundtrip om QM2 and we already have another booked for May next year and also a 28nt cruise from Southampton next October to New York and then up to Quebec and then back to New York and then returning to Southampton.

3 hours ago, Clipper Chick said:

This will be my first Cunard so not sure what to expect.  I go on holiday to enjoy myself so only look at the positives you have to give things a try.  Once said I would never set foot on P&O but have now done 4 and am on Arcadia's world cruise 2020.

I think you will find Cunard and QM2 a very pleasant experience. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 12:06 PM, majortom10 said:

This will will be our 3rd roundtrip om QM2 and we already have another booked for May next year and also a 28nt cruise from Southampton next October to New York and then up to Quebec and then back to New York and then returning to Southampton.

Hi. 

As you have experienced sailing from New York where is the best place to view the sail away?  What time will we be leaving.

Over on the Celebrity Silhouette Roll Call we have organised a Friends of Godiva chocolate event. Bring your favourite or local chocolate to share we have 47 members so far.

Mandy

• Like 1

The ship usually leaves around 4:30 - 5:00pm.

Weather permitting, the sail away party is on Deck 8 (Terrace) and the band set up behind the pool.

If you are desperate to see the ship go under the bridge, then you need to go up top, but anywhere outside is good.

4 hours ago, Clipper Chick said:

Over on the Celebrity Silhouette Roll Call we have organised a Friends of Godiva chocolate event. Bring your favourite or local chocolate to share we have 47 members so far.

Mandy

Would love to hear more about how this event is being organized, Mandy.

1 hour ago, steve1young said:

Would love to hear more about how this event is being organized, Mandy.

Hi

I am not the organiser but I think it is being done through the events organiser on Celebrity Silhouette.  My guess is if enough passengers are interested they provide a meeting room.  I know they are asking if Celebrity will provide a chocolate fountain for the event.

I am not sure if Cunard do anything like that or if they arrange a cruise critic meet and mingle party but this all started as a joke whilst organising a cabin crawl and one person offering to provide chocolate.  (A cabin crawl is to view as many different grades of cabin as possible).  If you have a mo you can view the roll call for Celebrity Silhouette 24 October 2019 but it is 138 pages!!

I am sailing back on QM2 10 November 2019.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mandy

• Thanks 1