Excursion in Greenock (Glasgow) Scottland

Michelle66

I would start by looking at what the cruise line offers. That would give you some ideas of sites to see.

Then, some research on this board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/148-british-isleswestern-europe/

for things others have done, or recommend, would be beneficial.

Lastly, you should only do what interests you, not what anyone tells you is "must do".

• Like 1

I don't know that it's a 'must do' but I went back to the journal we kept of our trip, and here's our comment on the ship's tour that we booked:

"We drove through the Scottish highlands, viewing 5 different “Lochs”, including Loch Lomond.    Gorgeous scenery, again looking different from other places we’ve been.    Hillsides here were often dense with Sitka Spruce, a beautiful contrast with the lakes and quaint homes.    We stopped in the village of Luss, where we had time to walk around and admire the cottages, most very charming.    After winding through the mountains and past several other lakes, we arrive back at the Clyde Firth and boarded a ferry to cross over to the side where we’d reboard our ship.    3 buses drove right onto the ferry, so that was kind of an interesting experience.    All in all, a very nice, comfortable day."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Glasgow 45 minutes away, Loch Lomond 55 minutes away.

If you dont fancy the culture of Glasgow, go and play golf at Loch Lomond.

Sorted.

Thanks Darren but we don't golf 😜but being from the US I think just looking at the country side and buildings is enough for me!!

21 hours ago, Kartgv said:

I don't know that it's a 'must do' but I went back to the journal we kept of our trip, and here's our comment on the ship's tour that we booked:

"We drove through the Scottish highlands, viewing 5 different “Lochs”, including Loch Lomond.    Gorgeous scenery, again looking different from other places we’ve been.    Hillsides here were often dense with Sitka Spruce, a beautiful contrast with the lakes and quaint homes.    We stopped in the village of Luss, where we had time to walk around and admire the cottages, most very charming.    After winding through the mountains and past several other lakes, we arrive back at the Clyde Firth and boarded a ferry to cross over to the side where we’d reboard our ship.    3 buses drove right onto the ferry, so that was kind of an interesting experience.    All in all, a very nice, comfortable day."

We did this same excursion through Princes. We enjoyed our day too.

• Like 1

Glasgow is somewhat of a bit city.

There is a very interesting music museum in town.  Other than that, I don't remember much.

OTOH, Edinburgh has much to do.  I have been 5 times, from a few days up to almost 2 weeks.  And still enjoy the city and find things to do.

Edited by SRF
  • Like 1