traveling (last minute) solo question

rondb

If my cabinmate can't go with me next weekend (Sept 22), and I show up alone, will I be able to get on the ship without being charged extra? If he tries to get his $ back using the travel insurance, will it effect my reservation? I think he is OK with loosing the money but just in case he wants to use the insurance, how does it effect me? 

14 minutes ago, rondb said:

If my cabinmate can't go with me next weekend (Sept 22), and I show up alone, will I be able to get on the ship without being charged extra? If he tries to get his $ back using the travel insurance, will it effect my reservation? I think he is OK with loosing the money but just in case he wants to use the insurance, how does it effect me? 

If you show up without him you won’t have an issue.  You won’t be charged more.  His taxes and fees will be refunded to the credit card you used to book the cruise.  

Without knowing the details of his policy I can’t comment on the insurance but it won’t affect you as it is after the fact.  

If they ask just say he can't make it or he might not be able to make it. There shouldn't be a problem. Also, I'm thinking you will get double points since the room was paid for double occupancy but only one of you shows up. Double points for balcony and down and 3 points for jr suite and up.

My adult daughter was unable to go with me at the last minute.  When they asked me I just told them she was checking in later.  She turned it into her insurance,  didn't affect my sailing at all.  Her port fees and taxes were refunded.  I actually received triple points because I was in a suite.  Had a great time!

In these situations I just say their flight was delayed at check in. I've had a couple cruises where my cabin mate couldn't go.  No issues.  I got double points for a regular cabin and triple for a JS.   

Edited by twangster