Panama Canal shore excursions off of HAL Eurodam

Pickard

We are cruising on the 11day Panama Canal partial transit on Jan. 4 and would like to know which is the best Panama Canal excursion. We are limited as to what excursions to choose so we want to make sure we choose wisely. This is our first and probably only time we will take this trip

I agree with Cruiser Bruce. The tours are quite varied and my "best" might not be your "best."  Read the descriptions on HAL's website and check out the reviews of the tours that interest you. If there's a specific tour or two that you're interested in, come back and ask for comments on those. Ask at the port of call board, too.

Do you want to see all of the canal? There's a tour for that, including a train ride. Do you like ziplines? I think there's a tour that includes a zipline thorugh the rainforest canopy. Are you interested in the new locks? There's a tour to the visitor center and I really found that interesting. Possibly the coolest thing about that tour was standing at the visitor center looking past the new locks and watching my ship going back out through the lock. 

And in case the website didn't make it clear, the only tours you can take in the canal are the ones from the ship.

L1180582.JPG

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

41 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Some people like the train ride to Panama City with a stop at the Miraflores locks -- bus back to Colon.

Lately there has been offered a new excursion to take you and show you the new canal.

Hi Krazy Kruizers,  On the train ride to Panama w/stop at the Miraflores locks -- is there much to see on the train ride part?  And what side of the train is best to sit on.  We've got this excursion booked for March 2020.  Thank you.