Repricing for Price Drops - Learned Something New

Sherri914

4 hours ago, DaiC01 said:

We have to go through the UK call centre {which appears to not be in the UK} and the 3 agents I've spoken to claim to have never heard of repricing.

They are in Guatemala.....

0800 018 2020

or 

0800 240 4261 if you are D+

Alternatively you could get yourself a USA TA?

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, little britain said:

They are in Guatemala.....

0800 018 2020

or 

0800 240 4261 if you are D+

Alternatively you could get yourself a USA TA?

I did think of that, even tried using a VNP set to USA but the web site picks up on the home address for the credit card and defaults back to UK.

Are well still looking forward to the trip.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:54 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Yeah I've repriced our March 2020 cruise twice now.  Between our three cabins I've knocked over $1750 off our original fare.

Dan

So was your cruise booked directly thru cruise line or travel agency?   I just wondered if it was easier to rebook and get lower price via cruise line directly?  Thanks for info. 

2 hours ago, DaiC01 said:

I did think of that, even tried using a VNP set to USA but the web site picks up on the home address for the credit card and defaults back to UK.

Are well still looking forward to the trip.

Many in UK have reported being able to book on the RCI USA site and just pick any state when filling in your address. Personally have not tried this as I have a USA TA who I have used for at least 10 years.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Many in UK have reported being able to book on the RCI USA site and just pick any state when filling in your address. Personally have not tried this as I have a USA TA who I have used for at least 10 years.   

Strange thing is I did book on the US site for this reason but it all went to UK when I paid with credit card registered at my UK address, worth considering in the future.

Thanks for the help anyway going to try the 0800 no. later.

Edited by DaiC01

2 hours ago, sunscreen said:

So was your cruise booked directly thru cruise line or travel agency?   I just wondered if it was easier to rebook and get lower price via cruise line directly?  Thanks for info. 

I have always, except for our very first cruise, booked directly through the cruise line. It does make it extra easy to reprice  because I don’t have to deal with a third-party.   I am also in the US for what it’s worth  and we can reprice to our hearts content up until final payment.  Hope that helps.

Dan

Still no jo

1 minute ago, Deeliteful said:

Still not budging but on the plus side, I managed to book a Premium Economy seat on my flight home using air miles! 

Yip same here wont move cabin or reprice {thought I was going to be lucky as he had me on hold for an age} only option is to cancel and re book but due to a £600 deposit not an option for us.

Have to make sure I get my moneys worth out of the drinks package.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I have always, except for our very first cruise, booked directly through the cruise line. It does make it extra easy to reprice  because I don’t have to deal with a third-party.   I am also in the US for what it’s worth  and we can reprice to our hearts content up until final payment.  Hope that helps.

Dan

Yes you can in US but not UK.

i have previously booked through US TAs too but didn’t bother this time! 😥

5 hours ago, little britain said:

Funnily enough the USA TA I have on the odd occasion booked through the last few cruises she has come out more expensive than booking directly through RCCL that’s even taking into account the sweeteners she was offering.

• Like 1